The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pagan Circle Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
Tony and I were in the midst of a quite interesting discussion on ethics and magic performance. I just logged in to check any developments, and I wonder why it is no longer here.

We were both civil, bouncing ideas back and forth and I was learning a lot. Why would such a post disappear? Is ethics something forbidden to talk about - even when done politely, and in the genuine search for good information? I don't even think we were disagreeing. Would such a thread be terminated? Is not ethics an important part of such a powerful art form.

Tony and I seemed to think it was important. How many times must a magician talk about double lifts rather than a topic with substance? Aren't we supposed to be informed when the magic police decend upon us?

Sorry, I am again disappointed in the Café. A waste of a potentailly good forum. I am genuinely hoping the topic will still be there and I missed it for some reason, or there was a glich and it did not load. Hopefully I will look a fool for posting this, rather than it being erased.

Every time I come to the Café posts of all sorts start disappearing, from all sorts of people. Most of these I have seen disappear are in good spirit. Is the free flow of information forbidden?

And Tony, I am listening. I would love to bounce some more ideas in a forum that promotes thinking.

Uhhh so...double lifts are pretty cool. What do you guys think?
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Shhh. The Thought Police are listening.

You might try visiting http://www.bizarremagic.net for a less Orwellian experience.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Yeah, SenseiStrange, I know the feeling. It's sad.

Naljorpa
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Rev.moonchild
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, Pa.
173 Posts

Profile of Rev.moonchild
Very Sad
Follow the spirits of the wind and you will find your voice
<BR> Rev. Moonchild
<BR>
<BR>www.magicalelixer.com
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I feel your pain SenseiStrange,
Those "Men in Magic" have clipped my mouth strings more than I would have ever suspected.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There are two things that everyone who posts here must bear in mind. One is that if a discussion becomes too controversial, or if it gets too many complaints from one group or another, it will be moved into the cooler. This happens when we allow discussions to go somewhat far afield. I don't know what may have triggered this, but I'm sure it was due to someone flagging the thread.

Once this happens, the powers that be will look at it and see if there is anything that needs to be edited out. They will clean it up and put it back on the forum.

There are two things to bear in mind. One is that the powers that be are not to be questioned.

The other is that this is Steve's forum. He determines what is within proper boundaries.

If you haven't gotten a PM from him asking what's going on, it probably wasn't one of your posts that did it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Pagan Circle Thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL