The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cyril Takayama (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
116 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Hello all...

I am searching for a bit of info on Cyril and was wondering if he ever published anything. I have done a search but to no avail.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5382 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I don't know that he has published anything, but each of his DVDs include an interview segment (in Japanese) at the end. Also, I don't have the issue, but I believe he was featured in Magic magazine not too long ago.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I wonder if he will be releasing some of his effects like Blaine did after the Underwater adventure?
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I highly doubt it.
Those weren't "Blain's effects," btw.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I highly doubt it also.

1.He is too busy to write a book.
2.He doesn't need earning by writing.
3.He has few original tricks which can be done in normal situations. (He created many new presentation for TV though).
4.He won't write modus operandi of those wonderful TV presentations because they will disappoint us.
5.He has no reason to publish his ideas after all.

Hideo Kato
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
116 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Thanks guys. Im sure he will eventually get to publishing. I do like his ideas- they are certainly entertaining and have inspired certain ideas somewhat. I have seen a few people on Youtube performing his version of the chewing gum effect which looks great done well.
I especially like his version of the Egg, Lemon and Orange. Its difficult to compare this and Tommy Wonders version

Who was the first to perform this - Criss or Cyril?

Scott
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Cyril performed it in June '05 on his special called, "Reality Growth Wonder Phenomena." Criss performed it early last month. Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
116 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Thanks Chris.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
With a DV camera and an imagination you can do unbelievable magic, why ruin it? "TV presentations would
disappoint" indeed.
POOF!
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2006-08-13 04:51, Sreidy wrote:
Who was the first to perform this - Criss or Cyril?

If you read Professor Hoffmann's Modern Magic (published in 1876), you will find the origin of the trick titled 'The Marked Florin in Oranges'.

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Cyril Takayama (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL