The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » If you had a magical Grimoire? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Mine has hand crafted leather binding, with eyes on the cover to watch over itself, and keep alert for intruders.
The cover also contains a "code wheel" and dial as some of the contents are not in standard "english", or Roman letters!
The latch on the inner cover holds the curse for those who trespass unbidden.

I wear a matching eye pendant about my neck at times- one never knows when one will need to view the pages and not be near the book!
There is no mouth on the book, for it might blab a bit if left alone too long, you know how chatty soem familiars can get, and yes Tony, I agree with you Virgin hide is not that hard to find....(No one said in my line it had to be virgin Girls!)
;}

Love all!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hmmm. Some understood what you were asking; others did not. Some of us feel a bit silly for missing the point. Still, it was an interesting thread so far.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
A used book dealer here in Houston had one for a long time. It was in a French dialect and it was bound in human skin. Talk about creepy. It had code wheels and all sorts of other things. It was all handwritten.

I think the idea of using a blow book (old name for the CB principle) would be excellent. This is found in Scot, by the way. I don't know if I would overdo the self-opening book idea. Collector's Workshop made a book like that at one time, but it's not available any longer.

I have a "Book of Ancient Mysteries" that is a very large one, about 16 inches by 24 inches by 4 inches thick. it is made of leather, and is actually a large box. I may post pictures some where sometime.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
Check out some of these beauties.
http://www.brahmsbookworks.com
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
Just asking myself if there is any azteq grimoire, or any azteq related magic book ?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-08-14 09:24, SamOne wrote:
Just asking myself if there is any azteq grimoire, or any azteq related magic book ?

The codices of the Mesoamericans were destroyed by the Spaniards...so they say.

Google codex (which is one of the Latin words for book) and Aztec. Note the spelling. Azteq will probably lead you up a blind alley.

Also, (on soapbox) spelling and pronunciation are critical when casting spells and constructing circles. Continuous lines are important in completed circles. There are hundreds of examples in lore of magicians who made tiny mistakes and became victims of their own greed.

So even if you are not "really" casting spells or "really" constructing circles, you must behave as if it is critical.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Grammar. Words in right order. Same origin. Spell.

H D X!

--Lydia 13
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Look at what happened in Army of Darkness. The words were misspoken, and Gort caused the Earth to stand still for a day. Not a good thing.

Saftey tip people. Thank you Bill and Isso.

Tony
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-08-14 10:50, Bill Palmer wrote:

So even if you are not "really" casting spells or "really" constructing circles, you must behave as if it is critical.

Hmmmm, not only for authenticity, but just to be on the safe side. Smile
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
tag
View Profile
New user
Vashon Island
13 Posts

Profile of tag
Thought this article may be interesting for the 'bound in human skin' types:
Some of nation's best libraries have bo......man skin

Edit: Changed to website that doesn't require annoying registration, apologies in advance.
The fin is coming early this siecle
-Angela Carter
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Lovely, tag, thanks for that article.

Bill
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
As far as Aztec grimoires, sadly, No. All Aztec books were burned and destroyed by the Church to keep profane knowledge from true believers. Only three Codex survive out of the many thousands that were kept in Aztec holy places. The Codex that survive apparently tell some Aztec myths.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » If you had a magical Grimoire? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL