The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Blindfold john archer review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
To anyone who's seen this dvd...
I'm doing a blindfolded juggling act, would John Archers method allow me to juggle?

thanks.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I PMed you on this.

Tony
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of archini
I think NO..... is the answer. Smile

But buy the DVD anyway.... I'm a lovely guy.

Cheers,

John
barkmagicman
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of barkmagicman
How about a Q and A type act, would his blindfold be good for that, or is it mainly a peek blindfold for identifying objects.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Barkmagicman

To paraphrase John:

I think YES..... is the answer.

Buy the DVD .... he's a lovely guy.

Cheers,

Tony
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Oh, you're lovely eh?
in that case, I'll take three.
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
313 Posts

Profile of archini
Yes indeed. It's a p**k system. ie everything is genuine, you have your eyes taped up etc.

To be honest with a 'genuine' blinfold routine like mine you need to try it and see how it works for you. Everyones facial contours are different and how and what you will be able to glimps will vary depending on how you apply the stuff and what measures you take at each stage.... I can't promise what will work for you until you try it. I do it with pictures but I'm sure that for me I could do Q&A, objects etc etc (But not a blindfold drive) I would need to add a hood and a few extra moves for that.

Sorry I can't be more precise than that.

cheers.

John.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Buy th dvd anyway it is great I am sure you will find use of it if not for Mr. Archers comdic presentation. John you should put out a straight jacket routine! that would be a keeper! I highly recomend all of his material
mailcold
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of mailcold
Blindfolded juggling act is not covered in the DVD. Having said that, DVD is great addition to any mentalism act. This is around 20 minutes routine that can stand on its own. Thanks to John for sharing it.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
I just ordered mine.
you'd better be as lovely as you say!
(just kidding)
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Can you drive while using this peek system? Would it be safe?
Manfredo
View Profile
New user
Nuernberg/Germany
93 Posts

Profile of Manfredo
This is certenly a great DVD, but I can´t accept, when John is kissing absolutely unexpected a young lady from the audience, while she is blindfolded.
TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Quote:
On 2006-10-11 19:40, Manfredo wrote:
This is certenly a great DVD, but I can´t accept, when John is kissing absolutely unexpected a young lady from the audience, while she is blindfolded.

Is this true? If it is I'd imagine most of the men in the audience turning on him. I know I would, thinking "what if that was my wife/girlfriend up there?".
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
rohff
View Profile
New user
Paris
14 Posts

Profile of rohff
I just want to know if there is somebody who use the archer's blindfold and in what extent is it usable?

Cheers
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
I greatly enjoyed John's treatment of the subject matter. I use it and am slowly replacing other blindfold work with John's tactics. The DVD is the straight scoop on the ungimmicked blindfold act. He has made it very contemporary by the materials used and makes it very very convincing by the lengths he goes to to be blindfolded.
The kissing of the volunteer and such would never work for me on stage but that's John's humor and style and it works for him. This is a powerful effect that can be used in almost any application except the blindfold drive.
Learn this and you have a weapon in your magical arsenal forever. Serious, comedy, mentalism, magic, bizarre...its strong stuff. Do what John says...he is a lovely person...and add personality and creativity to your own application of the technique.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 13:45, archini wrote:
...I'm a lovely guy.

That's true. Smile

I have "Educating Archer!" What an awesome DVD... Komedy Killer went right into my act.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Blindfold john archer review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL