The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Maine Mystery Beast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
A foul-smelling, evil-looking beast with glowing eyes has haunted Maine around Lewiston over the past fifteen years, killing dogs and stiking fear into the stout hearts of the state's normally flinty residents. Authorities have ocassionally dismissed sightings of the creature, speculating that it was a fisher, although witnesses have said that it looked more like a hyena. Yesterday, the press in Lewiston went wild when a woman reported finding a strange "mutant hybrid" creature dead along the road after seeing it in her yard a week earlier. The papers ran articles and photos, which you can see here:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mainepix/

Here's a big photo:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/Beast1a.jpg

Here's one of the face:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/Beast2a.jpg

This is a terrific premise for a grind show here in Maine. Obviously, the photos of the beast in the paper are not the real thing. It would take an expedition by famed explorer Doug Higley to capture and preserve the thing.

It's a little far north for a Chupacabra, but with global warming going on, those nasty little devils will probably make it to North Carolina next year.

Thanks to Will on the Sideshow World email list for the links!

Yours,

Paul
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
357 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Cool! This was a headline article on Comcast.net with NO pictures. I ran here to see what you guys knew and sure enough..more details.

"A foul-smelling, evil-looking beast with glowing eyes"...stay in your houses Maine.

Thanks Doc.

DeWayne
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Good Grief. Some of the quotes are hilarious....in the paper and on the crypto site. It's a dog. Whether it's a hybrid or a cross Chow or a Chiuawolfotyepugapoo, it's a friggin' dog...ooh a mystery MUTT...now that's worth a bit if hysterical speculation.

A gaff wouldn't work as well as the actual carcas/bones would have...that would bring in the $ when it's an actual report you can capitolize on. Showing a gaff labled as the MUTT is just a lie and not much fun.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
357 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
http://www.comcast.net/news/strange/inde......creature

Here's the Comcast link. It is funny to hear these folks describe it. I think it's a better story without the pics. Which is apperantly what many newsrooms thought. ha

DeWayne

ps: Not to get off topic..but...Comcast also has a headline about a "Two Headed Animals Go On Display". And as a bonus "David Copperfeild found the fountain of youth"....REALLY! Gotta love it.

http://www.comcast.net/news/science/inde......lk_2head

It's weird day for the headlines
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Where I come from we call that a dog.
Steve V <---confused by those New Englanders but now understands the witch trials
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
Have to agree, it's a dog, a dead dog, but a dog still the same
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The story won't go away. This morning, state wildlife officials, who have been taken to task for not examining the remains of the Maine Mystery Beast, were compelled to meet with the press and issue a statement to the effect that they have many responsibilities, and have to set priorities, the examination of dead animals being rather low on their list. The official added that, based on the photographs he had seen, it appeared to be a dog.

Of course, if you are the sort of person who views with suspicion official denials by government officials in cases involving aliens, UFOs and the like, you can see that this is just the beginning of another cover-up. Why? Well, tourism is very important to the Maine economy, and it just won't do to have people find out about what stalks the forests of Maine besides deer and moose...

Yours,

Paul
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Chad M Kuykendall
View Profile
New user
South Carolina, USA
13 Posts

Profile of Chad M Kuykendall
I saw that the story made it to MSN.com the other day.
Existence exists...let's build something beautiful off of that.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The story continues! See my sideshow banner to celebrate the Terror of Lewiston! This banner is being auctioned at the 2006 MDI Marathon on October 15 to benefit the art programs on Mount Desert Island. Can you bear to face the Maine Mystery Beast?

Yours,

Paul
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Nice Banner Paul! Love your work!
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Why auction such a nice banner off?? I'll make you one! Better yet...I'll make the buyer of the banner one!

Nice job my friend.
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
I love these kind of stories, I have been researching and studing them for a few years now. I have books, sites, videos, etc on these kinds of thing. Werewolves, the chuppa, mothman, and many more.

and the poster is awesome, if I had the money I would bid on it.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5107 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
And he turns into a painter, when the moon isn't full...and gives the world the brush-off.

Nice work, Paul!

For those of use who don't already realize it, Paul is an creative monster.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Nice...my second rottie mix still has its dew claws. Maybe I can do something to make them more pronounced, put some red contacts in his eyes, and trot him around as my very own "Devil Dog."

Then again, it would be easier to just put some chocolate Tastycake wrappers (tm) into a shoe box and charge $1 a peek at the remains of TWO Devil Dogs!

Chris

P.S.--PETA people take note: The above thing about the dew claws and contacts is clearly a joke. I have no intention of further altering either of my dogs, and both had most of their alterations done before they came into our care.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Thanks to all for your kind words!

I emailed Loren Coleman, the cryptozoologist in Portland, Maine, on whose website I saw the photos. Now the image has been reposted, and the crypto community is hot to win the banner tomorrow! Check it out:

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/10/13/mai......st_.html

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/beast-banner/

I love to watch people fight over art, it's almost as good as finding a grind show where you didn't expect one.

Yours,

Paul
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
It's a strange way to find kindred spirits. The universe comes from abundance.

Happy Ending

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nothing like being DISCOVERED 'overnight' eh Doc?

Now get painting and FOLLOW UP!!!
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Congrats, Paul. Saw the blast on myspace, too!

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Maine Mystery Beast (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL