The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Aga levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Hope some can shed some light for me here. I have always wanted to do the Aga levetation and am getting the urge to get one. My question is this, is it cheaper to build one or to buy one? I know that is a very open question because of the many different wonderful builders out there. I have seen a few of them on auction sites that are not too expensive. If it is better to build one,and I do have access to a very nice workshop but with building experience only with small props. Which plans on the market right now are good to use? I know the Osborne plans are out there but are there any other plans available that are good? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This does not mean that I am ready to build this weekend or that I am ready to purchase one right away. I have lots of time to get what I want. Thank you all for any help.

Thanks
Steven
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Steven,
I use an Abbotts Astro levitation...quite,raises up to 12',requires a total of three people to operate, heavy, heavy, and heavy (LOL). If you want particulars pm me.
Best Wishes,
James
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
If you work with a formal stage the Aga is really good, but as the post above says it take several people to perform, and transport.
There are plans out there Osborne, and Abbotts both offer them. The construction is not easy unless you are a good metal worker.
I would really suggest a Gamolo, or something similar. It is much more practicle.
You can do it with only one assistant. You don't need a formal stage, or the extra assistants, and its easier to transport as well as rehearse.
Think about it.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The_Malevolent
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of The_Malevolent
I started a thread. Asking about the shortage of information on Levitation illusions. If you've seen the Cris Angel show where he levitated a woman close up on what seemed to be no props at all, that's the kind I'm looking for. I've seen several, but not many cutting edge illsuions like you see on tv from time to time. If anybody has information on books dvds or websites I would be very thankful.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Somneone said get McKinven's book on Stage Flying. It's all in there.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Thank you all for responding. I am finding out from a lot of magician/builders that not build it if I don't have a lot of metal work experince. I some to none in the way of metal shop work, I know I should have taken more shop when I was in school. When you talk about some taking 3 people I take it that means the magician,the assistant,and the behind the scenes assistant, is this correct?
The Gamolo levitaion, is it exclusive with one builder? I have seen a few of them on different auction sites but really knew nothing about them. I will do a search and see what I come up with.
Pete, is the book a new one or a little older? and are the plans easy to read? I have seen some plans and they just look a little confusing but if I had them, with time I could read them better. Anyway thanks guys for your input, I will check out the items that have been posted here.

Thank you
Steven
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
Heres a link where you can find that book http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0916638......?ie=UTF8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Aga levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL