The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Blockhead peformance idea.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi,

I've been doing human blockhead for a while and would like to add a drill to the mix.

However, I was wondering if drilling and the standard human blockhead would go down well in the same show.

I was thinking of doing the drill first, followed by the nail (because the drill has made the hole).

What do you think?

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
My on the spot reaction is that nail to drill is a better build.

Maybe you could start with the nail and present it as if the nail won't go in 'cuz the passage is too small, go to the drill to "enlargen" it, then successfully do the nail.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Keairao
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
12 Posts

Profile of Keairao
I think it could work either way, but personally I would leave the drill to the end...the most dangerous (looking?) stunt last. I don't do blockhead personally, so as an audience member I think I would be a little bored with a plain old nail after a drill. Just my 2 cents.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5111 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Do the nails first. It's a thing of kicking it up a notch. If the nail is second, it's only, well, second.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Have you been watching me!!!
1)Nail 2)Drill 3)Spoon 4) Balloon in and out.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11176 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I work with a freak every October at a really huge haunted Halloween thing here in town (Blast furnace huge!)

I am the up front guy with the mic, while Rok, our resident freak, is the one taking the abuse. We go from nails ("Watch as we pound them into his face!"), to a screwdriver ("This boy has a screw loose... and we're gonna fix it!"), to the drill (I put the mic directly on the drill over the motor. The sound reaches the back row, and is very strong!), to a rubber hose (to clean him out).

This has a continuous build, climaxing at the drill, and the hose is the denoument... still gross, but less hard shock than what got us there.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Thanks again for the help guys.

Much appreciated as ever.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Human Blockhead peformance idea.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL