The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » An idea for a story using gaff cards from the new Red Gaff Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
If you have the Red Gaff Deck released recently by Ellusionist, this is for you. If you don't have it, I hope this story trick is inspirational for your own magic. Here it goes. Enjoy!

Setup-
Similar deck in your coat pocket
AC horse joker on top,
reg. horse joker on bottom,
blank card has been forced to one spectator, but the AC was forced to a different spectator before that.

Out of all the things that occur in life, Death is the most certain occurrence of them all. But what happens after death? Nobody knows. But do animals experience the same aspects of death that humans do? Take the horse, for example. Horses are kind, loveable creatures that make people happy. It’s the same thing with magicians.

I hope that when I’m gone I’ll not only still be known for my magic, but I’ll still be performing… elsewhere. Which is why I’m going to try something special. Since horses are so similar to magicians, I figure one could help me.
-Show the blank card.
Well, that’s no horse! Hold on, I’ve got an idea.
-execute an Erdnase color change, but try to put 2 cards (joker on the face) on top of the blank card.
There we go. Well, that’s… eerie. This horse should work quite well. If I’m not mistaken, this spiritual mount has the ability to travel between our existence and the next. See? He goes in the middle, and he comes back.
-Do a tilt, putting reg. joker 2nd from top, perform double lift to show reg. joker.
Let’s try one last experiment with the spirit. Hold whatever card that is out, like this. Repeat after me- “Mundus Vult Decipi” (The world invites deception, which is the same phrase as on the jokers)
Wow. Did you feel something? Look.
-Show that the horse has a new rider. The Ace of Clubs.
Switch the deck for a different but similar deck (which should be in your coat pocket) and you’re set for a new trick.

Misdirect them as you go to your coat pocket. Point at the spectator who held the AC. Say, “Did you feel anything at all? I saw this look on your face that suggested something magical had happened. When the horse had your card, you looked so shocked. That’s what magic is all about.

Questions, comments, advice?

This will be a thread for me to post new story ideas as they come to me. I'm brainstorming with the red gaff deck as I type, so more ideas are on their way!

Thanks for your time,
Evan
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1146 Posts

Profile of Salby
Great use in introducing horses into a magical and dark effect.

Keep up the Great Ideas stirring!!!!
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » An idea for a story using gaff cards from the new Red Gaff Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL