We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Flexible cold cathode neon 'string' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Wow!

I just picked up a 1.5meter blue neon tube that is as flexible as thin wire!

It's designed for fixing in your car and runs off the cigarette lighter (I've modded mine to use a 9V battery - works just as well)

I just need an idea of what to do with it now!

Oh, and it only cost £2 (about $4)
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
My first thought on that is to use it in the designing of a stage illusion. Maybe trim the edges in this? This could work the same way aluminum trim works, to create a deceptive look.

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Just another thought, maybe you could string it along side to side within a frame, creating a barrier to pass through?

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Electroluminescent wire is fun stuff! And it's cheap now, too. Check out:

http://www.elbestbuy.com/
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you have any props that use black art for concealment, lights along the edges of the visible frame surrounding the black art area are always a fine idea!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
engineer_star
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of engineer_star
Dear ACMP, It appears that you think like I do. I find something "COOL" and my mind begins to race as to how it can best be used.For example, I wanted to come up with an "IDEA" for the reason my TT(delite) began working. I purchased a "Glow Ball"(the globe that appears to have lightning bolts moving around inside. I found that with TTD it appeared that I pulled the "light" from inside the globe to my hand.I'm really shocked that "grown-ups" think I am really doing this:<)
To further promote this "IDEA", I found a "GLOBE type device" that emits glowing red lines(like inferred) that project on a wall or other surface that pulsate to the beat of music. I also found some red plastic thin rope that looks similar to the size and color of the inferred lines. My plan was to use a "hand-held device" promoted by Jay Scott Berry to appear to "pull the red lines" off the wall. However, now that I've researched your "post", I HAVE THE PERFECT ILLUSION using the NEON!!!!!!!!!!! Furthermore, they sale sunglasses with neon! There has got to be some AMAZING MAGIC with these.
Let your mind WONDER and tell me if you get other ideas.
Sam
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
Currently in the UK Ikea are selling the 1.5 meter lengths of the neon wire for 50pence each and the 10 meter is only £4.00

Matt G'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Flexible cold cathode neon 'string' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL