The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New roll-on table - comments/suggestions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
I have uploaded pictures to webshots of a roll-on table that I have made and am considering offering for sale. I would appreciate any comments or questions you might have. The table is made of a solid core material that is similar to what Wolf's Magic uses on many of their props, designed for durability and stability. The optional top has a high quality velvet top with an optional dice stacking surface on the opposite side. The doors can either slide to allow access to the drawers and open areas, or can easily be removed - the larger doors can be used as wings for additional display space. The size is 12" x 24" x 36", and the upper unit can be easily removed for carrying, or you could just use the lower or upper units separately. The entire unit rolls on casters, making setup a breeze. Price is as yet undetermined, but they will not be cheap, due to the number of hours required and the high cost of materials. I am not looking to sell this particular one, but am considering putting these into production if there seems to be interest (and yes, I would be advertising them here on the Café, the rates are very reasonable). Here is the link -
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?a......y=hntvAf
Thanks -

Bill
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hi Bill,

That is one NICE looking table. Great work. If you were to start selling these, I'd like to know about it. Any idea what the price range might be?

Keep up the good work. Mark.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Looks very professional, good work Bill.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Nicely done Bill!

-Bryan Gilles
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Nice idea having the doors become "wings"......Great idea and nice work.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
FlippingWonderful
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of FlippingWonderful
I really like that too, great looking cabinet.

How heavy is it? And what sort of cost would it be?
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I like it. My only suggestion is to not put molding on the back side.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Absolutely one of the nicest tables I've seen.
You could sell these, and there would be plenty of takers.

Putting Chance's beautiful props in the pic is iceing on the cake!

I also think that offering the reversable dice stacking surface is the kind of detail that makes a real difference with accessories like tables.
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Thank you all for the comments! I am not sure of the weight, but I will check it out. Price would be variable, depending on the configuration, as these can be customizable to the buyer's needs. This particular unit was designed specifically to hold the ABC Gumball Recombobulator and the Chicken Sword (which I use in almost all of my shows), and I wanted the drawers and pullout for my particular props. The price would be more than the Lefler table, but less than the Billy McComb table at S4S. I will try to come up with a firm price this week (for a specific configuration). The moulding on the back of the top reflects my performing style, in that I don't slide anything off the top into a servante or for lapping, but this could be an option for anyone interested. I will add, that as I have used this for a while now, I will be adding locks for the doors, to keep the curious out, and to make the unit more secure in transit. Thanks again to all of you -

Bill

PS - I want to add that I was inspired to make this in part by the excellent work that Chance Wolf does - his work is impeccable, his products are a huge hit with the audience, and his customer service is awesome. And I consider all his effects to be a great value - dollar for dollar the best value in high end props you can find. Keep 'em coming, Chance!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » New roll-on table - comments/suggestions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL