The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Appaluse routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fabio P
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
554 Posts

Profile of Fabio P
Hi,
I would like to start my kid show with a warm up centered on something related to an applause routine. I know that we have in the market the new Axtell Offthemeter and the possibility to use a wilting flower but I wonder if there are other items available for this scope ( an applause machine or something similar).
Thanks in advance for all the suggestions/Fabio
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Trevor Lewis has a product called a Clap-O-Meter, which I use sometimes. Steve Axtell didn't use that name for his product, because he discovered it was being used already. (I mentioned in another post at some time how I modified my Clap-O-Meter to work with a confetti cannon instead of a party popper.)

It's a little rare to find one nowadays.

I have used various clap hands / applause warm ups in my show, without the props, and they work fine. Interject some comedy, interaction, and encouragement.

BTW, David Ginn has an older book packed with warm-ups, and there are also some in one of Duane Laflin's books.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
Quote:

Trevor Lewis has a product called a Clap-O-Meter...it's a little rare to find one nowadays.

I got my Clap-O-Meter from http://www.hanklee.org and it's still being sold there as far as I can tell. It's a great product (along with the new Axtell product and others too)

Best regards
Mike
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Can't beat $19.95!
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Clap-O-Meter is a very good prop.
Also, You can build your own Clap-O-Meter using Martin Lewis Cardiographic design. It's very easy to figure out how to make it and it works like the expensive ones.
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
For years I did a warm up with a TT and a silk. I called it "scream silk". "everytime you see the silk, scream as loud as you can, when you don't see it...dead quiet, because sometimes during my show it's time to be loud and sometimes quiet, like when I'm talking". I hold up the silk and they scream, I put it behind my back and quiet. This goes on for a while and then we change it up and "put the silk in my fist". They get ready to scream but the silk vanishes and is reproduced and they scream some more. You get the point of it.

I liked this routine, it was fun and really got gasps (yes, gasps from a TT). I recently gave it up for an Axtell Off the Meter. I can't say enough about how much I like the meter. Lot's of fun.

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Appaluse routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL