We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anyone seen Gerry Griffin 7 DVD on Card Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JeffHall
View Profile
Regular user
Davis, California
161 Posts

Profile of JeffHall
Has anyone seen Gerry Griffins 7 DVD set on Card Magic...What do you think?
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
322 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Great instruction, sound drives me crazy though.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have seen it and I think its a perfect set for beginner and intermediate magicians. Gerry´s web: http://www.calmagic.com/
Yo can buy the dvd directly from Gerry for only 150 dollar.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I have it.
And I agree that it is an excellent set for the beginner card magician.
Great content and great price.
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
I have it,all seven volumes in the series, in like-new condition, and will sell for only $45 post-paid, or make me an offer.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Gerry does have some nice effects and explains quite well but he by no means is a performer. His patter and mannerisms are terrible.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-08-22 19:30, Zap wrote:
I have it,all seven volumes in the series, in like-new condition, and will sell for only $45 post-paid, or make me an offer.

Make you an offer? Are you serious? $45.00 is a great price already. I already have the set otherwise I'd snap your set up in a New York Minute. As others have previously commented, this is a great beginner and intermediate set. Gerry's performance style and the menu interface leaves a little bit to be desired, but the card routines and the sleights taught make this well worth the money for someone just starting out.

Wow!! $45.00! (...he mumbles, as he walks around shaking his head in wonder and disbelief...)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
I know, the price is low. But I have tried to sell this set at least THREE TIMES over the past 9 months, and I have never had an offer on it. It is a good set of DVDs, I think Gerry teaching style is very smooth, and the tricks are very good. I think that many people did not like this set of DVDs based on the first DVD, which contains mostly self-working effects that, quite frankly, are not the most stunningly visual of effects. But the latter volumes have some real gems, including a couple of great Terry LaGerould effects that are technically pretty easy but are really magical and entertaining.
Johansen
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Johansen
Hey Zap

Is the DVD set still for sale?
Johansen
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Sorry guys, but these DVDs have been sold. Where were you all when I had it in the sales forum over and over again?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
These were $150 when they first came out ( around 2004? ). It's now on 4 DVD's and around $50.

Here's the type of magic you'll learn from this set : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9cjY_1......embedded

If you watched the entire clip, you may have an urge to jump off the tallest building in your area or walk into traffic.

Get Mike Ammar's first 3 Easy To Master DVD's instead!

Here's 3 CLASSICS from just volume #3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMkEt-pAkdA
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Both sets are good.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anyone seen Gerry Griffin 7 DVD on Card Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL