The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dance Troupe Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Got my E-Book also. Great Idea!

The E-book mention on page 14 that there are drawings. Did anyone get drawings with their E-book?

Ray
jamesbond
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of jamesbond
Looks VERY good!

Bond
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 15:08, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Got my E-Book also. Great Idea!

The E-book mention on page 14 that there are drawings. Did anyone get drawings with their E-book?

Ray

I did not see any mention of drawings on page 14. I just re-read that page twice to make sure.

There are some drawings on some of the pages.
I wonder if he did some editing.

PM me with the first line of that page and I'll compare what's on the first line of my copy.
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
OK before people jump on me let me say that the vanish was very well done. But correct me if I am wrong but isn't the same illusion described in the book: The Seven Basic Secrets of Illusion Design, by Eric Van Duzer. On page 105? As I said....Troupe Vanish was very well done. Great work with taking the old and adding a twist on it!!!!
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I agree, this was nicely done, it looked very good.

I just checked out page 105, and it does seem very similar. It is a possible method. But keep in mind there are audience members behind the platform, and according to the Troupe Vanish description, they are random, not stooges. I don't want to expose anything, so I wont say more.

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
All I posted here on the forum was "wheres the link to the video" Am I missing something. Why was my post removed ?? Some genius thought that asking for the video link was wrong according to Café rules ?
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 15:08, Magical Dimensions wrote:

Hi guys - it sounds as if some of you are having problems seeing the drawings in the eBook. Make sure you have an up to date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can get it at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

Thanks for all the interest!
Julian
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
diamond
View Profile
Regular user
Serbia & Montenegro
200 Posts

Profile of diamond
I have a problem - my country is not a member of a PayPal system and PayPal does not accept credit cards from my country. Is there any other way to order the book (direct credit card payment through a secure server) except for the PayPal thing? I want to purchase the ebook and I'd love to have it soon as I think I'd love to build this for a big corporate event I'm preparing.

Julian, pls PM me.

Thanx!
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Here is Julian next illusion. Impossible Motorcycle Production You can watch the video.

http://www.julianbondmusic.com/downloads.html
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I have studied the Dance Troupe Vanish manuscript. I am no professional critic in any way. I have to say I loved it very much. It is such a simple yet powerful illusion. Cheap to produce and plays big. The schematics were great. Not that many drawings really, but more than enough. Actually I would not even call them plans. But the work perfectly. Julian has covered every possible aspect with many variations. It was a delight to read it and take it in. Well done, a complete success, a winner. For the performer it is a very detailed instruction booklet on everything involved in the illusion, even on the psychology of the people around it.

I just hope it is the beginning of a long series. Now that the bike production has also been made available, I will definitely be in line to get it. I just hope he continues with Bike Transpo and Car production.
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
The video of the motorcycle appearance cuts out way too much. The Valet Express video and the Bike Transpo videos, if you watch closely, are edited as well. You can see where the videos are cut. I don't know how much I could trust that. Not trying to be mean or rude here at all. Just trying to point some things out.

Take care,

Bryan
TheMagicOfDamon
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheMagicOfDamon
Hey GUYS FYI WARNING!!!!!

I sent this guy Julian 2 emails asking a question and has not gotten back to me. So fair warning... before you decide to purchase anything from this person attempt to get a response via email!!!!!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I contacted him about three times and he responded immediately. Maybe he has not checked his mails lately. For many of us that bought his ebook the experience was a very good one.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
MagicofDamon,
I would tell you to recheck your e-mail address that you have for him and send another e-mail. I contacted him twice with no problems.

Bryan...your right about the vid cut. It was mentioned awhile back on here I think before he released manuscripts.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I have nothing to say but good things about Julian. However I think this thread should be moved to secret sessions for obvious reasons.
TheMagicOfDamon
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

I sure will I just don't wanted to express my personal experience with others. I'm glad you have received responses, I on the other hand have not.
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Hey MagicOfDamon - sorry to hear you have been trying to contact me. I do not recall having received any emails from you and I would have replied just as I have with everyone else that has written.

Please PM me here or double check the email address you have for me: julian@julianbondmusic.com. Please resend your emails - I would love to hear from you.

By the way bry1513 - there are no video edits in my clips other than those used to save file space. All the illusions are filmed in one continual take. I have reloaded the "Bike in a Box" with one continual shot from box closing to bike appearing.

You have to realize, I am on a limited server size right now, so the more I can reduce file size, the more I can post. I am currently trying to expand, and when I do, I will post better quality videos.

Thanks for your support, guys!
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
If there were no video edits used then I would definitely re-film those illusions because there seems to be a glitch in each that comes in-between the cloth coming up, and the appearance. And it happens in both. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea.
TheMagicOfDamon
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Update:
Julian did PM me and was very pleasant... before he PMed me I did go ahead and order both E-books and both came through without a problem.

As far at the plans themselves go... they are very detailed and I am pleasantly surprised that he isn't ripping people off by asking for a lot more then what you pay for the information.
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Bry1513 - you are right. I just watched them again and there is definitely a glitch of some sort. I had compressed the video to fit on my site, but I am going to update them tonight (9/11/06). You are right - I wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea!

Thanks for the kind comments, Damon.Smile
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dance Troupe Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL