The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » coin manipulation on stage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hi guys. Can someone please spare me some of your time by telling me what books or tapes give the best information on how to do coin manipulation on stage. Please supply me with your top 3 books/tapes.

What is the best thing to do in order to get good grip of the coins?
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
The best manipulation vids, IMO, are McBrides World Class Manipulation series. They also include billiard balls and thimbles but the coin work rocks.

I don't like books for learning manips so I can't help you there.

For a good grip on the coins be sure you are not using a coin with a smooth edge like old English Pennys. Dry hands helps too.
Yakworld.
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Use shiny coins and, when displaying them, wiggle them a bit to reflect the lights. This will make them significantly more visible to your audience.

You must also think about more than what your hands are doing. Arm and body positions can make a huge difference.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
In "Routined Manipulation Finale" there is the the Fred Kaps Coin and Glass Routine. I have been performing my own version of this for years. McBrides Manipulation series has great stage coin material, easily enough for several acts. I recommend you work with Silver Dollar size coins so the audience can better see your manipulations. Hugard's Coin Magic is a classic but very dated. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you for your time burt.
Merry Christmas.
Dynamikex Smile

Thank you very much Sid. How much do I owe you for your advice? Just kidding.

Merry Christmas to all. Smile

Thank you very much. I'll start investigating on that today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » coin manipulation on stage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL