The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Many of you know that I flew to England earlier this year to give my lecture for children "Making Mistakes on Purpose!" I also opened the morning show as guest artist for the UK Children's entertainer of the Year. Both in the show, and in my lecture, I performed Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility. This is simply, in my opinion, one of the greatest magical effects ever! I performed it in Blackpool and at The Magic Circle in London, and got nothing but rave reviews. It is so good, that I have been reluctant to release it in the US. However, I have a limited supply of my Blackpool lecture notes available which include a full explanation of this along with my Peanut Butter and Chicken Soup and other great stuff. I am releasing these to members of The Magic Café, and you can find out more information on my website http://www.comicmagician.com

Don't miss out........this offer will not last for long!
MagicRabbit
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit
???

Huh? Why?

You don't want people to do it?
You want to be the only one performing it?

Then don't release it.
But it sounds like a cheesy marketing ploy to say, "Well, I wasn't going to release this, but... here's the website address to buy it."

Anyway I went to the site to check things out,

Has anyone tried Jolly's Ravioli stuff? What are the results as compared to the original Peanut Butter & Jelly routine?

I am not sure...this is just my thought process:

I am wondering if cans of ravioli, soup cans and the like are actually turn-offs to some kids? The PB&J stuff gets kids excited because I think most kids like them, they are more of a sweet-snack food, they are more common, plus they go together and make sense to be used. Is adding in meaty canned foods throwing off the routine?

Opinions?
My mind is changeable...sometimes.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Roger,

Would you give a more thorough description of what's in your lecture notes and what the "Cloth of Invisibility" is?

I read what's on your website and there's really not much of a description of what a person will find in the notes.

Michael
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Roger, I'm really curious about this, too...
More details?
Chris
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
O.K "The Cloth of Invisibility!" In a nutshell, the effect is that the magician stands on a stool, floats in the air behind a cloth, becomes invisible, and reappears to thunderous applause. It can be done in a living room, on a stage, on top of a mountain, in the middle of a desert! It requires no special shoes or clothing. It is great for kids or adults.

I know that some members of the Café attended my lecture in Blackpool, and I would be happy for any of them to post reviews. They can also post reviews of my peanut butter and chicken soup and magician's washing machine which are also in the lecture notes. The magician's washing machine was written up in Abra a number of years ago when I had the column "Jolly Roger Goes West!"

I am happy to answer any more questions. On a personal note, I am flying to South America next wednesday, August 30th. returning on September 15th, so if you would like to order the notes or any of my other products and have them shipped immediately, I would suggest you do it in the next few days, otherwise they will be shipped on September 18th.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Roger,

Do you have the notes in pdf format, so that they could be easily downloaded or emailed to your customers? It would save on shipping costs, and get to your customers outside the UK much quicker.

Brian
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Wow!!!!
Ok, let me "mull" it over in that wooden block I call a brain...
I take it the prices are on your site? Will check when I get back tomorrow,...(gig in Memphis)....sounds really great!!
Keep up the great work!
Chris
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello Brian,

No, I do not have them in pdf format. However, I live in Arizona. They are only $25 including postage in the US. I should be charging $500 for the "cloth of invisibility" routine it is so good! I am originally from England, but have been living in the US since 1992.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Ooops. Didn't realize you were now in the States. My bad. Smile

Brian
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
O00ps Brian! I did not realise you were in Canada! They will still be $25 including postage. If anyone lives in England or other countries outside the US and would like a set, you can pm me, and I will let you know the postage charge. Thanks!
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
Quote:
On 2006-08-24 09:16, MagicRabbit wrote:

But it sounds like a cheesy marketing ploy

Has anyone tried Jolly's Ravioli stuff?

Opinions?
My mind is changeable...sometimes.

Hey, as long as the ravioli is cheesy, I'm in. Smile
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Sadly, folks, it is Beef Ravioli. You have to add your own parmesan cheese! Just a little observation as to why I am marketing it as Ravioli and Chicken Soup, rather than PB@J. As you know, I am from England, and PB@J is a very American idea. British Kids don't connect with the Jelly part of it. They know what Ravioli is, and they know what Peanut Butter is. That is why you have the big finish with the snakes coming out of the Peanut Butter! Please do not confuse this routine with Tim Wenk's PB@J. It is a totally different trick, and far superior in many ways.
MagicRabbit
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit
Quote:
On 2006-08-24 15:14, jolly roger wrote:
Please do not confuse this routine with Tim Wenk's PB@J. It is a totally different trick, and far superior in many ways.

Whoa.
Is it me, or did you take his idea (concept) and re-work it to make your own money, and then put his down?

Is ANYONE but me slightly offended by this?
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
You mean like taking the passe passe concept that belonged to somebody else and using it for a kid show using peanut butter and a jam pot?

The description of Jolly Roger's item sounds fantastic, really funny, and far enough away from PBand J for me to not only not be offended by it but considering purchasing it.

I don't think Mr. Wenk would be offended by it but I might be wrong.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Rabbit,

I think you are confusing me with Houdini and the Unmasking of Robert Houdin!!
If I sounded like I was putting down the original Peanut Butter and Jelly, then I stand to be corrected. PB&J is a great trick, I simply believe my Ridiculous Ravioli is better in many ways. My trick is quite different. Your comment is rather like saying that noone should say that the slimline sawing a lady in half performed by the Pendragons is better than P.T. Selbit's sawing a lady in half. Magic is all about evolution. There are only a few basic principles from which everthing else evolves. Magicians used to produce rabbits from hats. Now they produce Tigers in cages!

Can we please return to my original post, and wipe away some of this negativity? Please?
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Roger....how many pages are these notes and do they contain "only" the 3 tricks/routines you mentioned above? I am definitely contemplating buying these, but your description of the notes is rather vague.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Hello Harv,

Yes, the notes contain these three basic routines which are all extremely commercial and duable. In addition to these there are lots of bits of business and advice for children's entertainers. There are 10 pages. Unfortunately, my lecture at Blackpool was limited to one hour, so I chose the best stuff!! I do not believe you will be dissapointed!
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
I would like to chime in here and give my views as I saw Rogers lecture at Blacpool and have his lecture notes and Ravioli effect. First of all don't pass up on owning these lecture notes. Besides the levitation there is 2 other great routines which are very original in working and presentation. The cloth of invisibility is by far the best and easiest levitation I either know of or own. Im putting it into my show and am sure it will bring the house down. It really is an ingenius way to add some true magic to any show. And for anyone not sure about rediculous ravioli I say buy it. Its very original and far different and superior to the original and the climax is just amazing for kids.

Steve D
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Roger

I think we've discussed this before but are you at Blackpool next Feb? If so I would like to see some of your items in the flesh. They look very interesting and a lot of fun. Shipping to England is a little on the expensive side so it would be better to buy direct at Blackpool.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Yes, Mark, I will be at Blackpool next february...but not as a dealer or lecturer. I will have some stuff with me if you can find me! I am bringing my American wife over with me this year, so look for us in The Ruskin!!

I am doing a tour of British magic clubs after Blackpool with my lecture. This is what is booked sofar:
We currently have 9 bookings as follows (all March 2007):

Tues 6th Medway
Sun 11th Blackburn (Modern Mystics)
Mon 12th Newcastle
Tues 13th Scarborough
Thurs 15th Home Counties (Reading)
Mon 19th Magic Circle (still to be confirmed)
Tues 20th AWS (Southampton)
Thurs 22nd Surrey
Mon 26th Downtown Magic Club (Kent)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL