The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thanks, Mate! Roger
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I knew where the "who" "you" thing was directed JR. So hard to express sarcasm in writing sometimes.
Awww...can ya feel the love here? Group hug! I think JR is ok with our little tiff...his thread keeps getting pushed to the top, checks in the mail....right JR? Smile I just saw all the products you have listed now, I didn't realize I was watching the birth of a marketing guru. Cool stuff JR.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thanks John!.....move over Dave Dee!!
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2006-10-17 15:17, John Bowlin wrote:
To suggest to people to throw away their chair suspension in favor of a curtain rod, paper bag and a stool is pure nonsense.

I'm glad I never suggested that then.

I only said in my opinion COI was a better trick, for a lot of reasons that are probably obvious to many professionals.

Your mileage may vary, and you are entitled to your opinion.

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Interestingly enough I have just returned from a Halloween party where I did both the chair suspension and the COI. I used to do the chair suspension fairly frequently in my shows, then I replaced it with Nick Einhorn's IN Flight in a cardboard box, which I found got a better reaction. Tonight, the COI got it's usual standing ovation from the adults, and cheers and gasps of amazement from the little ones. The chair suspension went well as always.......but I have to agree with Danny that COI is a far better trick, although I admit they are very different.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
I use the linking rings in all my shows no matter what age the children are. I always use two volunteers. Nice job Roger!!!!!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thanks Harv.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1076 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
You can watch a snipet of the COI video from this link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7427743568845530288

It's at the 2:09 min mark.
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
And that's all your getting
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
You're dead right Steve..........just enough to wet their appetite!
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
I just received Roger's lecture notes - made me wish I'd seen the lecture!! Inspiring stuff and some good, practical ideas which have obviously been audience tested. Interestingly enough, I came up with a similar version of the washing machine routine and used it successfully for years - great minds think alike!!

I'm working on some presentation ideas for the COI already and will definitely make one up and give it a try.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thanks Kimmo. Let me know how it goes. I am delighted to see the pros are making good use of my stuff!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I am still getting many IM's and emails asking if I still have any lecture notes left. So as not to dissapoint anyone, I have decided to have a few more printed, and they can be purchased through my website. Anyone who purchases them will receive a private link to a video of me performing the illusion. I would like to thank so many of you for you kind support and encouragement in this venture. When I started this post a couple of months ago, I had no idea that it would reach nearly 4000 hits! I know that some of you are probably tearing your hair out out there, very irritated that Jolly Roger's cloth of invisibility and lecture notes are such a hot topic, and keep coming to the top of the Little Darlings! I apologise. But if you look back at the posts of so many professionals like Steve D, Captain Kidd, Kimmo, Danny Hustle etc. and see what they are saying, maybe you will realise that this is not your average dealer trying to sell their version of run rabbit run! I have been in the business of entertaining children all my life, and now I am enjoying sharing some of the wisdom and knowledge I have gained with others. Many children's entertainers keep their prize routines to themselves. I prefer to share, and by doing so I will hopefully help elevate the art of entertaining children, and inspire some of you to think out of the box!
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
998 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Careful looking at the thread sure makes it look obvious to me that you played a big role in this thread always ending up being viewed so much. Most of the DEALERS here, Wolf, Axtell, don't seem to need to be always having to push threads along about their products. Something to ponder there Jolly!

I've seen the clips of the various items you've been pushing very hard onto the Café faithful. In all respect I felt the effects were good, however in the hands of a great performer would be even greater. I don't share the same opinion as you. Again while the effects have the potential to be good, they may be better served by others who can bring out their full potential. I base my opinion on the crowd reaction or lack of it during your performances.

All the best,

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1654 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
On re-reading your post, Jo-Jo, I am delighted to see that you like the effects I am marketing. You can purchase them all by visiting my website http://www.comicmagician.com
I accept paypal. I look forward to receiving your first order! I know Australia well. I see you live in Perth. I was in Perth in the early 1970's, and found it a rather backwood town. I lived in Sydney which I found a much more vibrant city, and I made a successful living there doing children's shows and performing at RSL clubs. Have you ever been to Sydney, I wonder?
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
998 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Like you JR, I've also been to many places in the world. Just came back to live in Australia after being overseas for almost 20 years. I've seen acts from all over the world. Some more memorable than others. We used to have a chap bring his pet monkeys over to our house every week in Bombay to perform for my kids who were quite young at the time.

Yes, I've lived in Sydney for several years as well. Mostly those working the RSL clubs are the guys who are over the hill and just can't seem to get by without hearing the feeble applause from whoever is silly enough to part with their dosh to put up with their shows.

Like I've said before "If your products are good people will know it and get them without you having to keep flashing them endlessly before their faces". That's how I operate, but I'm not going to guess how others are manipulated.

CYA

ps. Isn't it late for you to be up?
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 01:26, jolly roger wrote:
On re-reading your post, Jo-Jo, I am delighted to see that you like the effects I am marketing. You can purchase them all by visiting my website http://www.comicmagician.com
I accept paypal. I look forward to receiving your first order! I know Australia well. I see you live in Perth. I was in Perth in the early 1970's, and found it a rather backwood town. I lived in Sydney which I found a much more vibrant city, and I made a successful living there doing children's shows and performing at RSL clubs. Have you ever been to Sydney, I wonder?

Lay off Perth my friend or I'll send the Kangaroos around to settle you out.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2006-10-24 21:39, JoJo wrote:
Careful looking at the thread sure makes it look obvious to me that you played a big role in this thread always ending up being viewed so much. Most of the DEALERS here, Wolf, Axtell, don't seem to need to be always having to push threads along about their products.

uhhhh, actually, a lot of them do just that. Some maybe subtly, some not so. If a dealer is on the board they are, in some way, pushing their stuff.

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2006-10-25 14:27, johncesta wrote:
[
uhhhh, actually, a lot of them do just that. Some maybe subtly, some not so. If a dealer is on the board they are, in some way, pushing their stuff.

John

As long as the dealer has the credentials to back up their stuff, I don't have a problem with it.

JR is definatly a TOP professional when it comes to children's entertainment so I listen to what he says and if he has something to offer, I want to know about it.

Just my 2 cents on something that I should probably have ignored. Smile
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Perhaps Nick and Jo Jo would appreciate your act more if you were to 'rassle a croc or something Roger. Oh, I was thinking of you this morning. On the radio show the host was ranting and he make the comment "want to know what children like? Ravioli, that is it!"....
Steve V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Jolly Roger's Cloth of Invisibility » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL