We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven Show in Toronto (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Saw it last night in Toronto - it was a lot of fun! Max is the master of blending real theatre drama, comedy, magic and mentalism into a nice coherent whole - with an actual educational message on the values of mysteries!

I wish he would come to town more!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1262 Posts

Profile of splice
Oh, snap. I had signed up to be notified of this show, but it seems somehow the site never got around to sending me an email. Looks like I'm missing this one, and for no good reason.

Any idea when Mr. Maven will be in the area next? Montreal or Ottawa would be fine too...
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hey, one more show 2nite - drive 5 hours and you can make it still! Check out the Magicana site of David Ben's for info...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Where can I get more information about the show, tickets, time, place...
Thanks
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Had the opportunity to sit down for supper with max twice a few years back here in Regina, Saskatchewan while he was filming a local television program on mathematics.

He is an incredibly interesting individual, wish I had a chance to see this!
xxx
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Thanks!
doctorrigormorto
View Profile
Loyal user
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
284 Posts

Profile of doctorrigormorto
I just got back from Max Maven's Show and I just want to report that he was in fine form and even more smarmy than I have seen him on video. The thing that will be remembered the most will be his personality. Because the bulk of the show was based on Max waxing poetic... which at this point in his career was very funny.

He strangely spent the first half of the show doing card tricks with a normal sized deck of cards on a theatre stage. I bring this up because most Mentalists stear clear of Card routines unless they are using Rhine Cards. But in many ways it helped showcase Max's gift for verbiage.

The second half went into a routine with a lock and a ongoing gag about a coin that had been tossed earlier in the evening that he would eventually reveal as heads or tails. I was rather happy to discover that his personality was not as dry as some of his videos, as a matter of fact he could spin a tale as well as Mark Twain. I kinda liken him to a mix between The Devil meets Frazier Crane.

All in all the audience had a great time and I know that if he comes through Toronto again... I'll be in line buying tickets! If you haven't seen Max Maven in front of a laye audience... make it a point of checking out this Tour.

Scott McClelland
Carnival Diablo
http://www.diablomanor.com
http://www.theparanormalshow.net
http://www.carnivaldiablo.com

Imagination is more important than Knowledge.

Albert Einstein
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Man, I wish I wash there.
I could not get to Toronto yesterday.
Why doesn't he make the shows in the weekends!
I am sure it is good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven Show in Toronto (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL