The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making your own special coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tootall
View Profile
Regular user
Central FL
105 Posts

Profile of tootall
LOL, afater I read through more posts and found out that Andrew E. Miller had been banned I realized that it was in fact the afore mention tool. Sorry to bring this post back up.
BobGreaves
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
152 Posts

Profile of BobGreaves
I think that if I could make realistic gaffs then I could make realistic coins. If I could make realistic coins then good-bye magic, good-bye work. I'd be off to the South of France and living in luxury (and I certainly wouldn't let on to anyone).
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Most of the time it's not worth the money or effort to make the special gaffs. The only exception I would say would be when you can't get what you need anywhere. I made some gaffed coins a long time ago. I broke a lot of jeweler's saw blades. But I had a f****** quarter that would fit where no other one would.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
If you get your kicks from making stuff, go for it, even if you never make a dime on it. I found instructions for making hoo coins and keys while searching some old Genii's the other day. I've already got some, but as soon as I can make a trip to Home Depot, I will be making some more, for the sheer joy of it. If you never come up with some "breakthrough idea," or never use them in performance, I think that making your own gaffs will give you an appreciation of the ones you do use, as well as for the inventors thereof.
Aaron
PennyMagic4U
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of PennyMagic4U
If you get lucky enough to actually be good at it - let us all know. It is easier to buy what you need - and a lot cheaper.

JCPENNY
Simply Magic
PennyMagic4U by Jerry Penny
Gislain
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Gislain
I tried to find a machinist that could help me make some canadian coins and they are not thrilled with the idea of playing with money. Unless you have your own machinery it will cost you an arm and leg.
Kihei
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Kihei
I have made gimlets (Karate coins) out of the nickel clad as well as silver halfs and dollars with some success. I had a friend make the hole and used my wifes tools (she makes jewelry) to clean up the edges. I'm sure it doesn't compare to quality of professional gaffers but I haven't had any problems with presentation to laymen. I don't think I could pull off any other gaffs though. Drilling a hole and filing the edges does not require much craftmanship.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Good luck and keep remembering..I'm doing this for fun and not profit! BTW..If you want a great karate coin..shoot a liberty with a 7mm from 100 yds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Making your own special coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL