The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Pattern Interrupt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hypnotize
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of hypnotize
My question relates to 1 0n 1 hypnosis.
Do you use the handshake interrupt by Bandler? If yes, what is your experience from using it? Do you use other forms of pattern interrupts?
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Hello, fish and chips make good Elvis Presley pumping water in the where do you catch the bus for clearly air conditioning runs rocky mountain anytime - Sleep.
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Hi , I use many hand shake inductions, even in my clinic. you can vary them to suit your client.VERY VERY effective straight into trance, As long as you break the pattern. Don't be scared to try , always believe its going to work as the client will pick up on it. Then put the controls in and away you go. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark
MagicJono
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of MagicJono
I have been looking for other examples for pattern interrupts other than the handshake. If anybody has any others suggestions or idea's I would also like to hear them

Thanks
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2009-05-06 12:58, Mark Davies wrote:
Hi , I use many hand shake inductions, even in my clinic. you can vary them to suit your client.VERY VERY effective straight into trance, As long as you break the pattern. Don't be scared to try , always believe its going to work as the client will pick up on it. Then put the controls in and away you go. Hope this helps.

Thanks Mark

Do you do a pretalk first Mark? Are you referring to an Erickson type induction or speed induction?

Regards

Candin
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Create a pattern and then interrupt it.

The Jacquin Power Lift in my book does this. It is a partly derived from the Rehearsal Induction where you 'rehearse' what you are going to do and then do it. Rather than just doing this you do something else. It is a very mild form of pattern interrupt.

Robert Temples See Saw induction is in my opinion another pattern interrupt. Everyone thinks they know where the induction is going and then it changes direction and the door to hypnosis opens.

My view on the classic Bandler Handshake, and I use it a lot, is that too much emphasis is placed on the pattern interrupt. What follows is just as important. I know because it still works in slow motion SmileTry it and see.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Hi Candin, I always do a pre talk. Before I use the hand shake method I ask their permission to do so with an agreement also in the final part of the pre talk I ask them whether they would like to go into hypnossis quickly or slowly, I don't give them any other choice .They have to take one.Thus accepting they will go into trance. Job done

cheers Mark
Mark Davies
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Mark Davies
Ericksons work is fantastic, but try several methods find the ones that suit you, also remember that the clients are not all the same either even in size and strength, MAKE SURE they don't have any neck injuries etc. If it is the case use a subtle induction, CONFUSION OR EYE LID CLOSURE. "SAFTEY FIRST"
I run courses on it, from basic training to advanced hypnotherapy to stage hypnosis.

Cheers Mark
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I like to use a verbal pattern interrupt I got from a Kenrick Cleveland video sometimes. He described using it on a heckler during a talk he was giving, and not one person noticed, and the heckler followed the suggestion and left the room. This pattern interrupt was presented as a quickie way to get a suggestion in and then get back out, but it could be used to do a full-fledged trance session as well, imo.

Here it is: "It's really important two ... three ... four ... five ... " put suggestions in, then, "five ... four ... three ... to really pay attention and listen to what I'm saying." You can change the "It's really important" and "to really ... " parts, obviously, to suit your environment. Smile The interrupt is the ambiguity of "to/two" being used as a launching point for a short countdown, then direct suggestions, then counting back out and picking up right where you left off. That closes the loop and tends to create natural amnesia.

In theory, at least. Smile

To make it more of a longer trance session instead of a quick "conversational" thing, you'd obviously throw in some deepeners, keep them in trance for longer, etc.

Joshua
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice Joshua, on my countdowns, I use 2 for too tired to even move and so forth.
Closing the loop-acutal normal handshake ........

Mark:

Excellent...I like asking them if they want to go under fast or slow. Safety always, neck, shoulder arm etc.

I practice keeping my hand on the back of the neck, whiplash would not be fun.

Thanks

Candin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Pattern Interrupt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL