The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Razor eating/needle eating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4313 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I was wondering if anyone can point me out to a safe (but dangerous looking) way to do the swallowing needle and having them come out on a string effect.
sweeney
View Profile
New user
Vienna/Austria
10 Posts

Profile of sweeney
There are many versions of thies effect.

you can look at the book "device and illusion" by jim steinmeyer.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
the basic method is in tarbell Vol. 4. both razors and needles.

there are many handlings out there, some are terrible so beware before spending money.

I personally don't like the versions involving wallets or large stage props, my humble opinion.

I like Helter skelter by Bizarro for razors. I like razors better then needles, again my opinion.

this is a great trick, but it's tiptoeing on the line of being overdone. if you spend some time on this (its worthy of your time) you could raise the bar for all of us. be creative and please let us know when you've got something.

does anyone know Tellers needle version?
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Hey you can check out a great contempory version of this effect on my show....made specifically for a music video...

http://www.podfeed.net/podcast/Lumacast+Sleight/7164

it's episode 7
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Take a look at Tomas Medina's Geek Magic DVD - it has a pretty darn good razor blades swallowing effect.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
akc22
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of akc22
Terri Rogers has an interesting method in one of her books that is quite safe, and comparatively easy to do.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-08-29 22:01, evolve629 wrote:
Take a look at Tomas Medina's Geek Magic DVD - it has a pretty darn good razor blades swallowing effect.

I second that.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4313 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
What do you guys think is the best needle swallowing effect?? I don't plan on carrying razors with me.
Ragman
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Ragman
Collectors workshop has a walk around needle swallowing effect. Resets almost instantly and comes with several effects using the needle case that makes it all possible. All you have to do is give them an email and I am sure they can help you out.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4313 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Do you think you can give me a direct link to their site?
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
So what would the cleanest version be? I like this trick an to be honest I don't know exactly how it works. Walk around an reset fast would be best.
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I think Teller's needle swallowing is the best to date. Too bad that will never be released to the magic community.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
Mmm thanks, but that doesn't help much? Any familiar with the Milton Kort version, printed dint he book by Minch?
"theres a lot of good card magic in that book, unfortunately you have to have skill to do most of it." Smile
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Definitely 'Helter Skleter' - cheap and stuffed full of ideas.
I use a magnetic thumb tip, ordinary wine glass and diet coke (I mean to say, 'full fat' coke is just far too dangerous). Oh and Bizarro's 'Lemon juice' gag is worth the (low) price of manuscript alone! :-o
[
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2277 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
The Dayton Razor Blade Miracle, is a No SWitch method in which your mouth is clean at start and finish. The blades shown and seemingly swallowed, are the same blades removed threaded. It is available from Leaping Lizards Magic.
See banner for same, here on the Café'.
C-Taylor
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of C-Taylor
I will check those out. thanks!

_
S
_
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Razor eating/needle eating (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL