The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted E Bay Painting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Has anyone seen this ? I did a standard search today on a browser for a link to ebay. I saw this mentioned on yahoo. So after clicking on this link,
:http://www.castleofspirits.com/hauntedpainting.html , I found something very odd and peculiar. Go there and read what is posted.
It could (and should), appeal to the readers of this topic here. "Spooky and Bizarre", are just a few of the thoughts and feelings that are experienced when viewing the photos of the (video), that the former owners made of this. If their story is true
(who knows), it could make some of the best themes for any Bizarre and Haunted type of effects.
There are other related links and sites focusing on this particular anomoly.Just type in "Haunted Ebay Painting". I hope you take a look and study this painting. Especially the photos at the "end". It can have a very "chilling" effect. If anyone does, post a reply here with your thoughts.
I've never heard of this until today.
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
It looks like a crude painting to me. But it has a good catch to it with the "DO NOT BID ON THIS PAINTING IF YOU ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO STRESS RELATED DISEASE" comment.

The photos dont look very convincing, either. The arms of the doll never change position and the relation between her and the boy stay the same as well. My guess was that they threw this whole thing together in the hopes of making more money off the thing. $1,025 seems pretty steep for such an amaturish-looking painting. But throw in a good ghost tale and people will pay top dollar.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I agree with your observations Khopri. My initial response was one of fascination with the lure of this...phenomenon ? It made for a good "ghost story". What if the photos were genuine ? Even if they were doctored, it "appears" that something could be very strange there. Just look at the close-up of the boy's face. And the face of the doll, it's just...Bizarre. I like the stories on the feedback of the viewers from online. The Native American Shaman who said it was "evil". The experience of just "stumbling" onto this, and then imagining that there "could" be truth(?) to it. That's what we as performers/entertainers try to "conjure" in our spectators' minds and emotions.
Think about applying this kind of story (even using the actual image of the painting), and combining it with a brilliant effect. It is not often that we get a contemporary "ghost story", that has some notoriety. In this case, it's from the internet. My point is that... it's already generated plenty of response online with only a straight sales-pitch for the painting.
It seems to be "begging", for more "mystery and magic".
Give it some thought.
John
(The above mentioned link is not available at present, go to http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/haunted_painting.html for now).
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Friends,
I found the whole story well worth the price of visiting the site! There is a routine just waiting for us to grab it! With a little imagination any painting can come to life! (ok, so add a little magick!)

As a thought, I wouldn't try coping the painting and using it in an act! You might run into legal battle over rights! Make your own or find someone willing to paint it for you!
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted E Bay Painting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL