The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey DVD Recommendation??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Vagueli87
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Vagueli87
I have almost everithing he made.

Let me suggest you take a look at Just Imagine.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
920 Posts

Profile of Martino
Vanishing Inc has an encyclopedic set of books covering everything Sankey has ever put out coming out! Not sure when though!

BTW Front Row and the Very Best of Series are my favourite DVDs he's put out!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
The "Insider" is a great trick. All the gimmiacs come with the DVD. Imagine- A chosen card VISUALLY appears inside a window envelope INSIDE a sealed baggie. As usual, he has about 10 variations of the trick.
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Sankey makes it a point on his DVD's that magic is theater, first, and mechanics, second -- so when he gives us a silly pretext for a trick, that's him -- his approach, his theatrical bent. We are not supposed to copy. I would think he'd say that you as a performer need to come up with your own theatrical script and personality to suit you, who YOU are -- as it should be.
He's creative, and he's a character. And he has done modern magic a great service for having the courage to be himself.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Not trying to advertise, but right now on Jay's website (http://www.sankeymagic.com/), he is giving away 1 free ('BEST')DVD with every purchase of $30 or more. Again, not advertising, but if you're looking to buy a Sankey DVD, you could get 2 for the price of one.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hemispheres
Insider
Omnilope
Front Row Sankey
Jay Sankey Live
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Very cool, literally eye-popping, final effect on his DVD "Harcore."
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
I would add:

Revolutionary Coin Magic
Revolutionary Card Magic
Real work in Restuarants and Bars

Quote:
On 2007-02-10 16:32, evolve629 wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-02-04 23:49, Danik1 wrote:
Here's his top 5 DVD/DVD series in my opinion in no particular order

1) Front Row
2) 22 Blows to the Head
3) The Very Best of Jay Sankey vol.1-2-3
4) Secret Files vol.1-2
5) Anytime Anywhere

Ditto!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't think he sells it anymore but Short and Sweet is a GREAT dvd packed with cool material.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
mantel
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of mantel
Short and Sweet is apparently in stock at Penguin Magic.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
If you watch Boris Pocus "Extremely Mental" and listen to what he says in this DVD and both don't learn and laugh you are in big trouble.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
dtextreme
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of dtextreme
Paperclipped: Special Edition is a great dvd with visual additions for your ACR
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
The first Sankey vid I ever bought was Sankey's Nonstop Magic Party. It has some of his best (and never seen again) stuff ever and is now very hard to get hold of.
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
Jay's upcoming DVD release, "Bending the Real" looks pretty interesting. Seems to be a bit of a different and unique approach. He has been discussing it on The Magic Network at this link, and is also giving away three free copies of it there. It is shipping in a couple of days (April 1).
magicsphere
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of magicsphere
Quote:
On 2011-03-30 23:35, vinnymac wrote:
Jay's upcoming DVD release, "Bending the Real" looks pretty interesting. Seems to be a bit of a different and unique approach. He has been discussing it on The Magic Network at this link, and is also giving away three free copies of it there. It is shipping in a couple of days (April 1).

Are part of his follower on twitter or subscriber to his youtube channel? He said there is chance of winning more than just the dvd, he also giving out cash. Tomorrow, the release date. April 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/bendingthereal
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
Yes, I follow him on Twitter, and indeed, he is giving away multiple copies through many different channels. He is giving away three copies on The Magic Network, 6 copies on The Magic Newswire, and yes he is holding a YouTube contest where he is giving away cash as well.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Ok, so I'm a bit of a Sankey fanatic. I would highly recommend getting the following.

1-Front Row Sankey

2-Revolutionary card magic

3-Revolutionary coin magic

4-Real work on restaurants and bars

5-Sankey very much

6-Hardcore

And also I would check into the Sankey Sanders Sessions. Really great set with some awesome material on it. Jay is an awesome teacher and goes over every detail and usually has a million variations of most effects.

All in all his material is all pretty good and worth looking into IMO.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
968 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Paperclipped - Special Edition. It is worth the purchase price
for the explanation and demonstration of the Mercury card fold
on its own! I love Jay's style & humour! Its different. He's a one off.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I own over 40 Sankey products... books, effects, DVDs, lecture notes, the works. If I have to pick favourites, here they are (In no particular order).

Revolutionary Coin Magic
The Real Work on Restaurants and Bars
Sankeytized (Volumes 1-2)
Hemispheres
Sankey/Sanders Sessions
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I like Front Row. Take the bill switch with yours and the spec's signatures, then use that spec's signature like bill to lemon.

I used to close my close-up set with my version of Paperclipped. Use Steve Bedwell's Convincing Control Fold instead of the Mercury Fold. That one trick made me a lot of money in tips.

I used to use his Juicy Fruit trick. I don't know if he stills sells it. A spec's chosen (forced) card is revealed on a Juicy Fruit wrapper. I made a bet of a stick of gum that I could find the kid's card. I failed, the card was revealed on the wrapper, and the kid got a stick of gum as a give-away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jay Sankey DVD Recommendation??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL