The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Brainstorm Session about Cardiographic Variations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick_Beamz
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Nick_Beamz
Hey Guys,

Recently I have been thinking about how many different variations of Cardiographic I could come up with. It's not been an easy task, as you may find out when you actually try to think of one. We've all seen the original, and many of us have seen DC 'Moon Rise' variation. Great isn't it? I was wondering if any of you have some more inspitational ideas about this effect.

so if any of you have any spicy ideas and themes which could utalise the same effect (drawing visiably changing) yet have twist on the original plot or theme, please let us know.

Your thoughts would be mostly appreciated,

Yours, NBz
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Maybe a series of cards with pictures of an animal. Draw the animal and go into the whole..."well, it's actually an animal pictured on an animal cracker box." Instead of drawing the whole deck...

You get the idea!

-Bryan
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I have a rabbit rise out of a tophat, and the rabbit is holding the selected card.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Although I haven't read it in a long while, I believe Tarbell 8 may provide you with some ideas.

DD
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Loyal user
Flint, Mi.
284 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
I haven't seen the original so this might be a good thing for me to brainstorm on for you. Sometimes if you haven't seen the effect it is easier to come up with something new. What is the basic premise of the effect?
Be Young...Have Fun!
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Magic Ref

Here's a link to the effect...

http://www.emagictricks.co.uk/product_in......_id=2901

Mark
Mark Daniel
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Loyal user
Flint, Mi.
284 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Hey Thanks... That's what I thought it was but wasn't sure. I know I have never seen it performed which suprises me because this effect seems to get a lot of chatter on here.. Ok.. I'll put my thinking cap on...
Be Young...Have Fun!
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Loyal user
Flint, Mi.
284 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
The first thing that came to mind that would be different is to do a sub trunk type effect. Draw a magician and he goes under and someone else rises with the selected card. Or how about A "Sucker" type effect where you draw their card and draw the wrong card. As they yell at you and say you got it wrong, now do the magic and make their actual chosen card appear. I know both of these use one gimmic to go down and a different thing to come up, my guess is that the original effect only used one to come up. I don't know the workings so I don't know if you can add the one going down first. If so I think the double Idea works well and opens up a whole new line of thinking about the effect. The possibilities are endless.
Be Young...Have Fun!
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
I have an idea for those adults only shows, but I ain't gonna post it here!!!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Adult show?not hard to figure out what rises
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Brainstorm Session about Cardiographic Variations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL