The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Temple Screen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I am tired of my old temple screen and want to snazz it up a bit & use it in my act again. I am going to either cover mine or rebuild one from scratch. What type of tape should I use to tape it together? Cloth Book binding tape? If so - what width and where can I get it for cheap? The 1.5 and 2 inch rolls I found are around $30 each - hopefully I can find some for a better price. I am sure I am not the first one to do this, so any tips or ideas will be appreciated.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
2" gaffer's tape.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Thanks
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Just to add that I have used Gaffa tape in similar applications and there are a few different gaffa tapes out there brandwise. The best for 'stickability' I have found is TickiTape. It doesn't peel like others do.

Mark
Mark Daniel
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2884 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Gaffer's tape is a good solution. Just be aware that there's a difference between duct tape and gaffer's tape, and that your local store clerk may not know this. The difference is in the backing material and the adhesive. Real gaffer's tape, made for use in the theater and movies, is very very durable and has a very strong adhesive. Duct tapes vary in quality.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I found some high quality 2 inch gaffers tape at a local theatrical lighting store, and it works great.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Its strange that gaffa tape, which is supposed to be removable without trace, is usually stronger than duct tape which is supposed to be a permanent solution.

Mark
Mark Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Temple Screen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL