The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Dai Vernon's Peregrinating Pip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
There's an effect by Dai Vernon to obtain a transposition of a pip from one card to another, changing a 5 of spades and 4 of spades into a 2 and 3 of spades while rubbing the 2 cards together, in a very visual way.
I tried today doing the same thing with the gaffed 4 of clubs with 5 pips and 5 of clubs with 4 pips and the effect is wonderful.
I just would like to talk to you about a little problem I have with the handling, when you have a triple in your right hand face up and you have to turn it face down to begin the rub procedure. If you know the effect, can you contact me so we can discuss about it?
Thanks and cheers

Dave
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2006-08-29 19:38, Roland78 wrote:
when you have a triple in your right hand face up and you have to turn it face down to begin the rub procedure.

If you use a DF, you take the double in your right hand and turn it face down over '5'. DF has '2' on one side and '4' on the other side.

Hideo Kato
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
No, I don't have a DF. I posted here a sample of the effect.
http://www.laportaperta.com/magic/travellingpip.avi
The handling is not very good, I was studying the efefct, and the software didn't record audio, but you can see what happens.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Dai Vernon's Peregrinating Pip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL