The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Time Travel - Is it possible (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
Time Travel - Is it possible ? .

Do not miss the amazing performance where Roslan travels forward in time

Ever since Einstein revealed his special theory of relativity, we've known that time travel—at least moving forward through time—is possible. Einstein didn't pull this theory, or even the notion that time travel is possible, out of thin air. Rather, he took the knowledge of the day, saw an inconsistency—a piece of a puzzle that didn't fit, so to speak—and thought about possible explanations.

What is time? Is time travel possible? For centuries, these questions have intrigued mystics, philosophers, and scientists. Much of ancient Greek philosophy was concerned with understanding the concept of eternity, and the subject of time is central to all the world's religions and cultures.

Can the flow of time be stopped? Certainly some mystics thought so. Angelus Silesius, a sixth-century philosopher and poet, thought the flow of time could be suspended by mental powers

Time is of your own making;
its clock ticks in your head.
The moment you stop thought
time too stops dead

This amazing world first demonstration will be presented in Melbourne - Sydney - Los Angles and London over the next few weeks. If you would like a free invite to watch this, please e-mail me.
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Can someone please come back from the future and let us know how it went?
Gotama
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Gotama
We are all traveling forward in time - right now you are your own time machine. Want to stop time, break your watch.
I asked the boy beneath the pines.
He said, "The master's gone alone herb picking,
somewhere on the mount,
cloud hidden,
whereabouts unknown."
(Chin Tao, 777-841, trans. by Alan Watts)
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Wm Swygard's Multi-Level Awareness allows travel backward, thru history, with full consciousness, color, sound and sensation. Most simple.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I predict the future all the time. How do you think I do that? By traveling forward and coming back. Simple really. What makes this presentation so special?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 15:05, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Wm Swygard's Multi-Level Awareness allows travel backward, thru history, with full consciousness, color, sound and sensation. Most simple.

I did check this out at http://whirlitzer.org/swygard.html.
It looks like a very intriguiging hypnosis technique.
J.H. Brennan has written an astounding book on this titled, Time Travel-A New Perspective. He uses quantum field theories and quantum mechanics to illustrate the way the universe is connected on multi dimensional levels. And how through hypnosis and altered states of consciousness this (time travel) can be accomplished. Fascinating reading. Especially the evidence presented as time travel already happening. Has to be seen for oneself.
digiquick
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney
114 Posts

Profile of digiquick
Its great to have all your views. Please keep em comming.

The demonstration (Two Minutes of your time) is pure trickery. We use the highest level state of the art equippment in this act. If Rosalan could really travel into the future I would not be sitting here typing this - Anybody who could do this would be very rich. Incidentally what's your out when somebody mentions this when you are doing a prediction routine. Mine is "WE ARE VERY RICH"

In the prentation Rosalan can only travel up to two minutes ahead in time ( As Yet) and not in a physical sense - It is only his mind that travels.

What is differrent about this you ask - When Rosalan comes back to the present time he gives a complete and acurate decription on what is going to happen in the time frame of two minutes. It involves digital Photography where a picture is printed that was taken two minutes in the future and it reveals an amazing secret.

I would love to tell you more, but that would give the act away and spoil the fun for those of you who would like to join us at our demonstrations. there is No charge, however I will take a collection for the Save the Children International fund.

Dates are being finalised, I assure all of you that have requested a seat that I will contact you. You will be joining some BIG NAMES. STOP PRESS I have just heard that our first Demonstration is confirmed, it will be in Singapore at the Raffles Hotel. If your in Singapore and want to come please e mail me.

In the meantime I would be delighted to hear your suggestions anexperinces on performing Time Travel Magic.

Do pose yourselves the question IS TIME TRAVEL INTO THE FUTURE POSSIBLE? Time travel into the future is permitted by the laws of General Relativity.

In one sense, time travel into the future is trivial; we are all traveling into the future. What would be interesting would be to travel into the future at a different rate from the people around you.

In order, for instance, to attend the opening ceremonies of the Olympics in the year 3000, you would want to age by only a small amount while the rest of the world aged by 997 years. In short, time travel into the future requires making your clock run at a slower rate than the clocks around you.

General relativity permits this to happen; according to the laws of general relativity, an accelerated clock runs at a slower rate than a clock which has a constant velocity. To travel into the future, accelerate yourself.

Please remmember this is pure magic, its all a trick, but it is the presentation that is unique - All comments and suggestions are really welcomed.

Have fun - You only live once (Or do you? we will come to that later)

Graham
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 19:34, johnjnesbit wrote:

That URL didn't work for me a moment ago.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We met Mrs. Dreadskin of the 17th century through chronoclutching when we first began to hatch online.

H D X!

Lydia 19 end of the line
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 21:10, digiquick wrote:
Its great to have all your views. Please keep em comming.
Please remmember this is pure magic, its all a trick, but it is the presentation that is unique - All comments and suggestions are really welcomed.

As someone who in recent years has been intrigued by (quite possibly spurred on by the spectacle of my own aging!), and actively researching, the concept of time travel I salute you for zeroing-in on a really excellent motif for mentalism, one that's undoubtedly too-little used, and for developing what sounds like a fantastic, intriguing and very entertaining presentation.
I for one would love to see the performance!
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Yes... time travel is definately possible... you just need to get up to 88mph!
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 12:29, MentaThought wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 19:34, johnjnesbit wrote:

That URL didn't work for me a moment ago.

You are correct. That URL doesn't work. But this will get you there from the search bar on google: William Swygard's Multi-Level Awareness

Then go from the link provided.
It's worth taking a look at. Nothing new, but worthy of consideration for a presentation story line.
The book that I mentioned previously by J.H. Brennan on Time Travel is also a great source for presentational ideas. It can serve as strong inspiration for your delivery and credibility.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 20:39, johnjnesbit wrote:

You are correct. That URL doesn't work. But this will get you there from the search bar on google: William Swygard's Multi-Level Awareness

Then go from the link provided.
It's worth taking a look at. Nothing new, but worthy of consideration for a presentation story line.
The book that I mentioned previously by J.H. Brennan on Time Travel is also a great source for presentational ideas. It can serve as strong inspiration for your delivery and credibility.

If you need an inspiration for time travel, check out the movie "Napoleon Dynamite." It's got a sweet scene!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
...and ensure your flux-capacitor is working, right John? Hehehe!!

Graham, have e-mailed you about the session in Melbourne. Looking forward to hearing from you.

-- Topher
Philosophry
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Philosophry
I like Bill & Ted style time travel.
FoxRobert
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of FoxRobert
Quote:
On 2006-08-30 10:19, digiquick wrote:
Time Travel - Is it possible ? .

Do not miss the amazing performance where Roslan travels forward in time

Ever since Einstein revealed his special theory of relativity, we've known that time travel—at least moving forward through time—is possible. Einstein didn't pull this theory, or even the notion that time travel is possible, out of thin air. Rather, he took the knowledge of the day, saw an inconsistency—a piece of a puzzle that didn't fit, so to speak—and thought about possible explanations.

What is time? Is time travel possible? For centuries, these questions have intrigued mystics, philosophers, and scientists. Much of ancient Greek philosophy was concerned with understanding the concept of eternity, and the subject of time is central to all the world's religions and cultures.

Can the flow of time be stopped? Certainly some mystics thought so. Angelus Silesius, a sixth-century philosopher and poet, thought the flow of time could be suspended by mental powers

Time is of your own making;
its clock ticks in your head.
The moment you stop thought
time too stops dead

This amazing world first demonstration will be presented in Melbourne - Sydney - Los Angles and London over the next few weeks. If you would like a free invite to watch this, please e-mail me.

Does anybode use the Relativity - Viking?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I remember reading or watching something about sportsmen, and how in some ways, they are time-travellers, at least visually...

they are able to plot micro-seconds in advance where a ball will be pitched/thrown/kicked etc and make plans to intercept it...they were saying that in some respects, that is a form of time-travel of the mind...

I like that concept, dressing an effect as time-travelling of the mind, that you yourself plotted a mental course for a few moments time, you saw everything quite clearly for a second...the sitter would do x,y,z...and the outcome would be this that or the other...

kinda dances around premonition wearing a psuedo science hat I suppose...
I've asked to be banned
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1477 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Give the spectator a choice of going into the past or the future..let them decide which place they want to go to.
Self concept is destiny..
kazuba
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of kazuba
Time travel is defintely possible. The universe is amazing. You travel into the future with every passing moment. One can even look at an old photograph and be reminded of the past and see a lost world, that will never exist exactly like it was ever again.
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Yes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Time Travel - Is it possible (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL