The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Car themed close up show ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
There is a big outdoor car show where I live. I had an idea to busk at it with a car themed close up show. Anyone have any suggestions? I've thought of The Pothole Trick and Jay Sankeys Two Car Garage.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Koornwinder Car effect

Brema Nut trick (call it an "antique lug nut")

Endless Chain = call it a timing chain from a Very Small Car

Do chink-a-chink with tires from Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars.

Zombie or mini-Asrah with a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car (must be seated at a table and will take some DIY work...

Color changing racing flags - Green Flag to Checkered Flag, winning the race!

Paul Harris' routine "Beanie Weenies" (AOA) using a can of WD-40 motor oil or STP

Bending car keys (buy a bunch of blanks - you don't want anyone stranded out there!)

Just some ideas for you...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
mattsharpe
View Profile
New user
Paradise, Newfoundland
72 Posts

Profile of mattsharpe
If you wanted to throw in a nice little sight gag, you could 'drink motor oil', you can find it in Tomas Medina's Geek Magic.
Matt
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Any time you have an outdoor show you should be thinking about using magic that is visible from a distance. this helps build a crowd, creates more energy and helps how you are perceived by the spectators. they help make the jokes, lines, gags, etc.

Along those lines:
gregory wilson's "florida keys" would be good.
car engines have cylinders and rings so you could do the "ninja rings"
it's possible to tow a car with a rope if it's strong enough, however any idiot knows that if a rope has a knot in it, that is the weak point. you could do a cut and restored effect where all the knots pop off and you're left with one lonnnng piece of rope. I forget the name of that particular effect but I believe it's on kozmo's Art of...#1.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Peter Eggink has a ring flight he does with keys. That could work. Thanks for your ideas guys.
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I worked an auto theme trade show recently. My client was selling (amoung other things) custom gear shift knobs. I used these as final loads in a cups and balls routine.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2006-08-31 12:50, mattsharpe wrote:
If you wanted to throw in a nice little sight gag, you could 'drink motor oil', you can find it in Tomas Medina's Geek Magic.

Background music would be "Funky Cold Medina?" just couldn't resist...

Ring flite would be an obvious one. I like the Gaetan Bloom version as there is NO chance of anything going flying off into the Great Unknown with it...

The Stop Sign trick would also play well...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
With the Peter Eggink trick you could use someones car keys. Can you use that with the Gaetan Bloom trick?
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Not being familiar with the Eggink trick, I can't address that. The Bloom method for Ring Flight, though, could be used with A key, certainly. And it would be the ONLY key in the case at the end of the routine.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Lee, please pardon my bad grammer. My Eggink comment was not a question. It is done with keys not a ring. The key ends up on a piece of string that has been around your neck the whole time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Car themed close up show ideas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL