The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gazzo Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mel Toyer
View Profile
Loyal user
Luton, England
216 Posts

Profile of Mel Toyer
Hi everybody,

Can anybody provide me with a link that points me in the right direction to purchase a set of Gazzo Cups? (UK prefered)

Thanks in advance.
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Currently, you would have to go to http://www.ebay.com or someother auction sight as they are not currently being made. Penguin will supposedly be offering them in the future, but who will make them and when they will be available continues to be, to my knowledge, unclear.

Wish I had a better answer for you.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Not too long ago, Steve at http://www.magicpitch.com said he had a set or two left. You might check with him.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Penguin magic keeps saying they are coming.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
The penguin cups???

Who cares, they ain't COPPER........

Maybe IF they were copper would I ever think about it..........ever

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Why does this tired, old thread keep coming up?

For the umpteenth time, Gary Knights, AKA Gary Animal, is the fellow who made the real Gazzo cups. They are considerably thicker and heavier than almost all of the big cups around, including the ones from China. If you can find a set of the Riser Stage and Street cups or the RnT II SBL Street and Stage cups, these are excellent replacements.

Gary quit making cups right before he moved to New Zealand. Now he is settled in, so he may start making cups again. Just keep your eye on the Café for further developments.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2182 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Wouldn't it be great if someone in the US started making these to the Gazzo specs Smile
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I thought the plan was when Gazzo partnered with Penguin that they'd do something like that with his design. Unless Penguin somehow installed a spinning facility in their Vegas warehouse, I figured they'd eventually be looking for a shop to do these for them. With Jake's evil grin, I can imagine he might somehow have the inside track on their progress in finding such a shop.

Gary Animal once mentioned starting up again someday, but he'd be changing the shapes of his cups and renaming them, giving the Gazzo design exclusively to Gazzo to do with as he pleases.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I would hope that it would be RNT II that would make a good Gazzo cup..........
as it stands I'm either gonna get the Phoenix II's or the street cups from rnt2 this tax season!

oh I can't wait!!!

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Last I heard was that Gary Knights, AKA Gary Animal was going to look into designing and producing some new cups in NZ in...2007? I think.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2182 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I checked Penguin's site, because I heard a lot of hoohaa'ing, some of which I bought into, I must admit without checking it out for myself. The larger cups that are made by Magic Makers are not labeled as Gazzo cups, but are recommended as good cups to be used with Gazzo's routine. I can't argue with that point based on the configuration of the cup.

I had an oppertunity to speak with Sam, the CEO of Penguin last week about a post I made recently. My only concerns with the large cups from MM is that they are not annealed and with the pounding that Gazzo encourages and displays could cause these cups to prematurely or quite actually "naturally crack". While it doesn't pose a hazzard type situation, it will certainly **** off the performer if his prop cracks. Sam is going to check into this.

I'll be happy to see Gary Animal back in the playing field with us. He has some great ideas and his cups are definately winners. I miss Gary, his posts and certainly his wide array of humor!

Just to set the record straight, Penguin has NOT approached RNT II about producing cups for Gazzo, however I have offered Sam some tips on what to look for in production at this point, nothing more, nothing less.

I can say this about the new CEO of Penguin, his heart is in the right place, but and there is always that but! He has a lot of bad history that he has to make right, maybe with a bit of positive input from all of us, rather than neg. criticism, Sam can figure out how to turn things around there and have everything on the up and up. So far, they have promoted Gazzo in a positive way, a respectable way and I'm really glad to see that as this is what Gazzo deserves after his years of hard work and sharing his experiences with us.

More later, if there is more.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Jake, what a forthright, honest and informative post. Like JOhnnymystic, I too am waiting for the "Day of reckoning" to upgrade my cups. Momma says I can only spend so much on my addiction, oops, business at the moment. And there are so many things that scream for my attention... A small lottery win might help...LOL
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bad annealing jobs have plagued some of the best cups and some of the worst.

Jake knows whereof he speaks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Well, the "Giant Gazzo Cups" have hit eBay. Do a search. What a lie! What junk!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Pretty misleading at first, but if you read carefully you see that these are the "Street Cups" that they say work with Gazzo's published routine. Hopefully people "in the know" will see the difference.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Pretty misleading all the way through. He copied Penguin's ad copy verbatim. I feel like asking him when HE showed these cups to Gazzo. And that quote that Sam Blankenship took out of context, which has already been published elsewhere on this forum, needs to be taken out.

I just sent the seller a note that asked "When you showed these cups to Gazzo, exactly what did he say?"
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2182 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
If you absolutely, positively have to have a set like this to work with for the Gazzo routine, but don't have Gazzo cups, then I would recommend that you use 711 big gulp cups and wait for Gazzo cups to appear in the US...oops move along nothing to see here.

-J
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I still haven't heard anything from the seller. I think I caught him wi' his trews doon.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2182 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Now if I were going to spin a proper Gazzo cup,one he could be proud to endorse, it would look like this one attatched. And if they were made in the USA they would have proper footballs dangit! Smile

All hypothetical that is Smile

Keep moving along...that's right nothing to see here....

Click here to view attached image.
wolfsong
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of wolfsong
That is gorgeous!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gazzo Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL