We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for the circus wagon looking animal from balloon production thingie... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
As you can tell, I am terrible with names of effects.
I want to build one that does not look like a bloody circus wagon to produce a large constrictor snake. I'd just fake one together, but there are a few of the finer points I'd like to see drawn out.
Any ideas of where to look?
Thanks,
Gwyd
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Check for plans to Blammo Box, Dove to Rabbit, and Lady to Lion for starters. Often, when I build something to suit my tastes, it ends up being a hybrid of the better points from a few different things. You will basically be making a miniature version of these standard things.

Osborne plans and books are a likely source.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
757 Posts

Profile of 61magic
Osborne sold a mini-series of plans years back with the Circus Wagon as one of the plans.
I have not seen a set in a very long time. He did republish the plans in The Linking Rings (vol 76 #8)magazine in August 1996. If you can get hold of a back issue this has what you may be looking for.
The design cam be changed by just changing the front panels.
Also old plans pop up on magic auction you may want to look there.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You might be interested in checking out the WAH Production Box in The Wizards' Journal #10 (on my site). WAH contains the initials of Harold Westgate, Al Aldini, and Louis Histed, so you can tell it's a modified Histed Square Circle combining the Westgate bowl production principle with the Aldini Improvement, and Jim Gerrish has gone one step further but can't bear to call it WAHG. He says that sounds too much like coughing up a hairball. The reason I suggest it is because the load area is humungous, and Jim's design allows for flexible faceplates on the outer rectangular box so it can appear to be anything you can imagine. WAH-hoo!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Thanks guys! Now I have somewhere to start!
Gwyd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for the circus wagon looking animal from balloon production thingie... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL