The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
A friend of mine had an interesting approach:

He'd do CM exactly as written up with the cards from the marketed routine. At the end, after showing the $14, he said, "Wow, I guess I do, but give me a chance to win my money back. You see, I, too, have 3 cards..." and he'd remove Skinner's Ultimate 3-card Monte and go into that routine. I never did it that way, but it played really well for him, and if you concur with Darwin Ortiz' theory that the magician should always win, then you might like it.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I love Skinner's Ultimate 3-Card Monte, but never thought to use it with CM. Breaking out CM now and working on it.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On 2007-05-27 11:53, Paul Wingham wrote:
I agree with everyone about what a great trick colour monte is, I do the exact same handling but with cards with THIS, THAT and The Other written on it. I think Paul Daniels did this on Tv years ago. One blank deck and a sharpie and you've got 17 sets.

THIS, THAT, and The OTHER is a great trick because of it's routine. The basic idea why these two tricks work with lay audience because it segues to an ending. Without the $14 card in the end, it loses that kicker. That's what made Color Monte a lasting favorite for years.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2006-09-01 21:02, meyegr wrote:
You can do the same effect with regular cards. I use 'two' jokers, since decks come with 2.

Good idea. I use a Pinochle deck for the same reason, and have found there are a number of effects that can be strengthened with that deck...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Color Monte (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL