The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Saman Zerin: The Paul Escape Code (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear My Magician Friends,

Please let me introduce you a new young talent.
The new star name is, Paul Escape.
Paul's promotion film is ready now.
Now you are asking why did I start this topic in the Grand Illusion, because in the film you can see an appear and a disappear. This Illusion isn't a cam trick!
I am curious which kind of explanation do you have about this Illusion.

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk6bnORkfRo

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
A new star?
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2006-09-02 18:19, Magicque wrote:
A new star?

I think Zerin meant Paul could be the next new star in the future.

Good luck Paul.

Las
Pal Bodnar
View Profile
Regular user
Playa del Carmen, MX
112 Posts

Profile of Pal Bodnar
Thank you!

P
Pal Bodnar - In Magic We Trust
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear Magicque,

Thank you for your reply, but I feel a little irony in your comment.
It isn't a problem, but I would be pleased to hear some constructive criticism, if I am presenting you a new star's first and talented steps on the way to the Stardom.
I think nobody starts his/her carrier with such an expensive and exacting promo film.
With age 20 I think not much people has a film in this kind of high standard.

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Don't be offended...The new star name is...
We don't know the guy. Let him have the chance to prove himself and then call him a star!
We all know Rick Thomas, Burton, MacKing, they are stars!
Paul will maybe be one in the future, who knows?! But only the future will tell Saman!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
In Pauls defence. It was Saman who referred to him as a star. That's an opinion and Saman is entitled to brag about those he thinks are headed places. Paul wasn't tooting his own horn.

What really gets me is when performers titles themselves " the newest star in magic" or " magics hottest new star" ..etc on their websites and promo material.

Best,

Tim
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear Magicque,

Paul Escape is already a star in Hungary.
That's true it is a big question when will he be a World Famous Magician.
This depends only on Paul and Me.
I shouldn't be a mentalist to predict he will be the next Blaine, Criss or Cyril.

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
I wish Paul the very best of luck. It's a tough world to be in. There are a lot of magicians and magic acts out there. We already have one David Blaine (some will tell you that one is REALLY enough), only one Criss Angel, and as you mentioned, one Cyril. Now the question is do you want to be like the others or go the easiest way, invent...That's why you should always let the people speak and make their own thoughts...As a well-known magician said, "Don't tell them how good you are, they will find out for themselves..."
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear Timothy,

I can call Paul as a star because I know the level of the domestic magicians.
Okay we can call him a Star candidate.
By us nobody knows you, but I call you a star because of your values.
Okay we can forget about the star thing, it will depend on time and on his hard work and than we will see who is right.
Oh yes and it depends in his magic consultant and manager as well...

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear Magicque,

You are right, Paul Escape have to be different than Blaine, Criss or Cyril.
We are working on his own style to make him different than the others.
He will perform some escapes with illusions and with some street magic.
I hope we can create a good MagicMix out of it.
Thank you very much for your constructive criticism.

Best,

Zerin
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
No matter what Paul does, magicians in this forum will always compare him to somebody else. Quit worrying about what the magicians in this forum think. None of them will be in the audience when Paul performs. Those regular people in the audience, THEY are the ones you have to convince that he is FIRST, a magician, SECONDLY, a very good magician, and maybe even the best magician they have ever seen. The people you need to convince of his ability to be a star are TV producers, not magicians from this forum nor members of your audience. But take things a step at a time. First convince ordinary people, then the TV Producers, then come back to this forum and if you see the magicians here tearing him apart and putting him down, then you'll know you have succeeded.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear Spellbinder,

I agree with your thoughts.
Of course I won't make star of him on this forum, because he is already an accepted magician in Hungary.
Paul is an uncut diamond, it is just the question of the time when will he shine up in full light.
Now we are making arrangements for his TV show, but I think right now it isn't important for you.
My goal was to introduce him for the international magic community and to hear your comments about him, and the best place to do this is The Magic Café Forum.
I want to hear your thoughts about the film and your explanations for the appear and disappear illusion that would be important for me.
For me that would be a great challenge...

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
elecktra
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of elecktra
Hi Saman
While I'm definitely not an expert in magic, I did watch your promo piece of Paul and had some thoughts on it. The first floating card trick I felt was a bit long though I thought the card flipping in between both his hands was cool and it seemed to be doing a little dance which was interesting. The moving up and down of the card seemed a little weird and a bit long. In the appearance and disappearance the two assistants looked too stiff. And I understand he's doing street magic but maybe the outfits could be a little different - it just reminded me of David Blaine a bit. I didn't like that he appeared with his arms crossed just standing there. (Sorry Paul - I usually like to see a bit more movement when this type of illusion is done.) At the end the disappearance was very similar to the appearance. Maybe the girls should have been coming and going with him in that part. They just look very stiff. What I did like was his interaction with the people on the street when doing the street magic. Those scenes were a bit short but they showed people enjoying what he did and he looked like he was having fun. It brought out more of his personality. Maybe the appearance and disappearance should have some onlookers surrounding it just to make it more exciting or lively. Also, I noticed that around his neck he was wearing the ellusionist dog tag. ( There's nothing wrong with that but because he's promoting himself, maybe he should have a dog tag made with his name on it instead - just an idea.) Because I work on costumes for a magician I really think you should come up with a signature style for Paul and something for the assistants just so they pop out a little bit more. It doesn't have to be flashy, just a bit stylized. Other than that and for a first promo, its pretty good and Paul definitely seems to be going in the right direction.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Good luck Saman, it's hard work but if you work hard enough, things can get your way!
Magicque
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Quote:
On 2006-09-04 16:10, SamanZerin wrote:

I want to hear your thoughts about the film and your explanations for the appear and disappear illusion that would be important for me.

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin

Well, since you asked, if I remember right from watching it the other night, it looks like the man who walks by in the background just prior to Paul's appearance may be wondering what is going on (if you get my drift)!

As far as the reappearance goes, a zoom-in would have helped!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Very 90's
troley
View Profile
New user
Sweden
14 Posts

Profile of troley
A hole in the ground...? ;o)
SamanZerin
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
197 Posts

Profile of SamanZerin
Dear My Magician Friends,

I want to apology you guys, because I will answer in one reply, but if I would answer to everyone you would think I want to just fill the place on the Forum. Smile
As I said right now we are working on his own style.
I will care about his style and I won't that he looks like somebody else in this business.
Yes, we was already thinking on the Dog Tag, we will made a personal one for him.
About the illusion, I can say there is no hole in the ground, there are no helpers, just the two girls who are appearing Paul.
About the two girls, on of them had problem with her back before the recording (don't ask how happened...) and she couldn't bend down very well, so that's why we have decided the other girl have to move same stiff.
Mixing the Modern with the Retro it is on purpose.
We ha made a CD cover too, what we will show you soon.

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin

Posted: Sep 6, 2006 5:35pm
----------------------------------------------
Dear Terry!

I want to congratulate to you, you nearly figured out the solution!
I share with you just one thing, Paul hasn't got any twin brother. Smile

Best Regards,

Saman Zerin
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Saman,

Do you want our guesses to be posted here? Because I have a very good guess on how the appearance works. Should I just PM you? Then you can post here if I got it right.
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Saman Zerin: The Paul Escape Code (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL