The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » LOOKING FOR... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
WILLIAMSONS WONDERS?????
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1169 Posts

Profile of Salby
I know how difficult it is to get your hands on a copy of this book. I was finally able to recently acquire it via the thread for Selling Books on this forum.... But you still need to be quick as many people are seeking this book and grabbing it as soon as the post goes up.

You may also find it on eBay (there is 1 auction on there now-- ends today). But you need to look frequently. Also, be expected to purchase it for a total price of $50-75 wherever you do find it (I don't know what the original price was, but maybe someone on this forum can entertain us with this fact).

I recently tried PM'ing David Williamson, himself, via this forum as he is a member here, but NO response yet (I don't think he is a "frequent flyer" of this forum). I asked him that since this is such a popular book and now out of print, does he believe that there would be a 2nd printing??

Good Luck..... It is a classic and 1 of the most sought-out magic books in the magic community.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
David Williamson
View Profile
V.I.P.
190 Posts

Profile of David Williamson
Hi Salby,

Thanks for your interest in the book. It's gone through at least 2 printings that I know of. It is tough to find. (I only have a few copies myself!)

Ask Richard Kaufman if he plans a reprint. He is the author and publisher. You can contact him on the Genii magazine forum.

Good luck,

Dave
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Dave,

I just wanted to ask you if you planning any new book or DVD?

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1169 Posts

Profile of Salby
WOW--- Such a dream to actually "Speak" to a mentor of mine since the early 1990's.... I Love this Internet thing!!!!!

Thanks for getting back to me, Dave, and directing me how to go about finding this information.

Do you have anything (book or DVD-wise) in the near future??

Keep up the great work and humor you have.... Don't Stop..........EVER!!!!
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1169 Posts

Profile of Salby
I was able to email Richard Kaufman about the issue of reprinting this book. He responded:

"Yes, I will reprint it, but don't know when. I don't get a lot of
requests at the moment."

"It will be the same exact book when I reprint it. Nothing new or
different. Petitions don't mean anything. I'll reprint it when the
moment is right."

So that is the update about it. Hope this alleviates the pain of waiting....
fmpilot
View Profile
Loyal user
of a fence with
243 Posts

Profile of fmpilot
Mr. Williamson, is there even a teeny-weeny chance that you could be persuaded to part with one of your copies? I would be more than willing to take one off of your hands--even if it were all marked up with your signature or notes or something else of minimal consequence.Smile

BTW, aside from an intro in the newbie forum, this is my first post. I figured I'd jump right in and stalk the celebrities!
"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » LOOKING FOR... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL