The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for strong visual to attract first few (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I was not useing the thumb tip as much as before because every kid has seen one or has one. But I got Jay Scott Berry's topit last week and used it at a birthday party. I vanished the silk and the birthday girl shouted "You put it in a fake thumb! I have one, I know!" Well I had ditched it in the topit so I showed her my hands and even let her touch my thumbs. All I heard after that was "How DID he do that, I thought I knew, but how did he do it."

I had the hardest time keeping a straight face when she said that.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Quote:
you haven't lived until you pull a silk out of spectator's sleeve.

I may be missing the obvious here but how do you do that? I can't think of any natural way without leaving the TT behind. Am I missing something?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, you are. This is one of Roger Klause's strongest routines, and he has worked out the "clean up" quite nicely.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Go to http://www.magicpitch.com and scroll down to my "Building a Tip" DVD.You can see a clip with me on Hollywood Blvd. building a tip.Even a girl at the beganing that is running past stops DEAD in her tracks to see what I'm up to.

This is an old bally I used to build tips when I worked Jam Auctions.It easy to learn and works every time.

Don
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Ropes are good. got a whip? get a good one. that will get them. or else.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I just read my post, Boy did that sound wrong! The whip dose work tho.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2007-03-08 12:21, Genghis wrote:
Quote:
you haven't lived until you pull a silk out of spectator's sleeve.

I may be missing the obvious here but how do you do that? I can't think of any natural way without leaving the TT behind. Am I missing something?

Roger Klause does this with a sponge ball. I do it with a handkerchief. The whole thing is totally motivated. There is nothing at all unnatural about it. In fact, I have done this for people who have TT's, and it fools them completely. If you know how to use the thing, the audience will NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS suspect you are using one.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-09-06 12:11, Harry Murphy wrote:
One of my friends did the old “Boomerang” trick/optical illusion it played well for the kids too (he carries the old Norm Neilson close-up version. Sadly no longer made). The kids were maybe 7 and 10. In all it was a good breakfast!

I found a version of the old "Boomerang" trick in "Magic Digest" by George Anderson.

In his version, he has green and overripe bananas on the boomerangs claiming that you can change the size of the bananas to sell whichever ones you have too much of.

It was supposed to be a "sucker" trick where the kids think you have a green banana and an overripe banana on each side of each boomerang. I started the trick and this lously little kid keeps saying; "That's the magic rainbows! It's just an optical illusion!"

*cy*
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get the version that CW makes. You can lay one of them on top of the other at the beginning or at the end to show that they are of different lengths.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I can't even buy a dye tube these days! It's very sad.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Genghis
View Profile
Regular user
Derby UK
180 Posts

Profile of Genghis
Quote:
Roger Klause does this with a sponge ball. I do it with a handkerchief.

Can you point me to where an explanation of this can be found? A google search reveals quite a few Roger Klause + Thumb tip sources.

Thanks.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Roger Klaus' "In Concert" is the title and can be found in both tape in printed (book) formats. Steven's Magic carries the tape. They may also have the book.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I would never put down the TT. My kid actually found mine sitting on my dresser and asked what it was. I used it to vanish a dime and he was <still> astounded when the dime showed up in the <wrong> hand.

I was just tired of the red rag and the TT that I kept seeing incompetent magicians perform on sidewalks in NYC. I'm certain that, in the proper hands, the red rag and TT would be a mindblower... which is why you won't see <me> doing it! :laugh:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Looking for strong visual to attract first few (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL