The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What's the best way to exchange gaffed cards in a packet?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Lets assume I am doing a packet trick. No other deck in my hands etc. Any good ideas on how to change these for a ungaffed pack? Besides a Himber Wallet or Card Box, any good handling you guys have used? THANKS! Mike
Be Young...Have Fun!
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
A pocket switch - using Tamariz's 'crossing the gaze' strategy. There's a Mike Close trick on one of his Workers DVDs which illustrates the timing of this sleight impeccably!
joesilver
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of joesilver
Best to simply have a deck nearby. If you're strolling, you could always just have someone hold it for you...take it back...switch, hand out cards. Thoughts?
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Magicbern... Your right... I think it is the Princess Frog Trick on his workers tape. I'll have to dig that out and watch it again... It's been a long time since I watched it...LOL>..
Be Young...Have Fun!
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
In my trade show act, I open with a version of Presto Printo. Between sets, I leave 7 blank cards spread on my table. People will come in the booth and pick the cards up and verify that they are blank. When I come back, I act like they were left there by mistake. I pick them up and place them in a plastic business card wallet and start my set. I make the switch right out of the wallet.
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
Ungaffed pack is in your right pocket
at the beginning of the routine if you use a plastic case for your packet trick you can put it back in your right pocket.
At the end of the routine take your gaffed pack and make the switch with the ungaffed one as your take your case from your right pocket.
Hope it's clear.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not many agree with me on this...but, Switcheroo works MARVELOUSLY for me...see it here:

http://www.magictricks.com/cards/switroo.htm

Hope that helps some!

:)

Doug
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Thanks to all Smile
Be Young...Have Fun!
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
BTW, why do you want to switch the packet?

Is it to hand the packet for examination? If so, It will cause another susppicion on switching. Maybe just placing the cards in your pocket is better solution.

Hideo Kato
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What's the best way to exchange gaffed cards in a packet?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL