The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New New Yorker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2140 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yup Mandrake, it's in the end that the things work themselves out in. Surely you're not at the end yet.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
51 years old, better magicians than I were dead by this point!

(No more, I'm getting morbid!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Claymation
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn, NY
10 Posts

Profile of Claymation
This lists every major project going on in New York and has job listings as well. Talk to the production managers on some of these films about working as a production assistant. If you're willing to work for free once and you're a good worker, you'll most likely get called to work again for pay.

http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/film/html/home/techlist.shtml
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
...and good luck! (Seriously dude, I wanna see your name in credits! And I read credits too, so I'll know!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2140 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Thanks for the link Claymation. Mandrake - I'm glad you read the credits. More people should do the same.

I am actually starting a full-time job on Tuesday with B&H Photo in the city. I'll be a junior technical writer for pro audio equipment for their website.

It's not my dream job, or something I think I'll do for the next 20 years, but it's a full-time paid gig, which is what I need most at this time.

I was also quite surprised to get offered a job in under 3 weeks of moving up here. I figured I'd have to wind up manning the register at Target just to get a little cash flow going.

I'll still be looking to do free/cheap film work on evenings and weekends.

Ah, exciting times!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I love B&H Photo!!! That's a great gig!

Kevin...you will also have contact with all the finest and latest film equipment in the world. Groovy! Place is crawling with filmmakers. Well done!

Not to mention that insanely cool mechanical basket system they use...worth a visit just to watch that! It's a true wonder.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2140 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Yep, I've been a long-time B&H customer. I love going through the retail space, it's so massive!

My job is in the office area of B&H, which is a couple blocks over from the retail store. So the fun gadgets aren't right at my fingertips during my daily duties.

I suppose that's good though. The temptation to hand them my check back every payday won't be as great.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New New Yorker (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL