The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ormond McGill's Successor? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
Now that Mr. McGill has passed, does he have a successor in Stage Hypnotism?

Dai Bato
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Cough cough
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
I was going to say themindreader, because he's young and healthly. But that sounds like a nasty cough, so how about me? strong as OX.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I vote for Peter and themindreader to share the mantle.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
I think this link should clear everything up...

http://www.funnymagic.com/smRabbit.jpg

Now who's laughing, Spaceman?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The future of Stage Hypnotism is not in an auditorium, but over the RADIO!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea and you get paid for this how?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Can't you figure that out Danny?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
kevinuncanny
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of kevinuncanny
Hypnotic radio... How do you get paid? Split the potential lawsuit money!
Kevin Lepine
Hypnosis Unleashed-THE Vegas Hypnosis Show
www.Kevinlepine.com
www.VegasHypnosisShow.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Only if you win AND get court costs reimbursed and damages for a wrongful litigation against you.

In other words - fat chance.

But I would be VERY interested in finding out how to get a radio station to PAY you for much of anything that's not on on-site promotional party where they have other paid entertainment...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Not you too, Lee?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't quit your day job Slim.

To try to push an ancient entertainment form like hypnosis, with a almost dead medium like radio, yea sounds like a money maker to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Some of us try to think "Outside The Box".....So, to you I recommend
HIDE AND WATCH!!!!!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I will do that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
So is Kreskin the successor to Ormond McGill?

Or is there no clear answer to the original question?

Dai Bato
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The original question makes assumptions.

Perhaps nobody today crosses the line between stage hypnosis and theraputic hypnosis the way he did.

What do you mean successor? Number of shows, entertainment value what criteria are you holding up as qualifications?

See the original question is pointless, which is why we are all joking about it. It has no answer. I can name you 10 guys, literally who do as good of shows as Ormond ever did, and you have never heard of them.

Fortunatly stage hypnotists as a rule are pretty private people, and don't really have such rankings as you seem to want to apply.

The question is WHY does it matter? Or what purose will answering it serve?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
I guess I have to rephrase my original question.

Kellar, Houdini, Thurston, Blackstone, Henning, Copperfield and Blaine were and are the leading magicians of their day.

Ormond McGill, Pat Collins, etc. were the leading stage hypnotists of their day.

Who are the main stage hypnotists around now?

Dai Bato
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dai read my last post.

Most of us working are way too busy to worry about it. Nobody cares.

Rephrase it all you want and it still has the same answer my friend.

Those were the only hypnotists YOU could find. That by no means they were the "leading hypnotists of their day". Far more existed and did fantastic. No hypnotist ever reached the level of Houdini. Heck he was the most famous person on the planet at the time of his death, and one of the most recognised magicians today.

With the possible exception of Keller, and Thurston, no hypnotist has reached NEARLY the level of notoriety you mention of the others.

Paul Makenna (spell that for me someone) comes close. Even prior to Ormand's passing, Paul was recognised by more people "outside" the hypnosis community.

You give no criteria for your test. Again as I said it is pointless.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see the point of this post perfectly!
Who is going to be the one to pick up the Banner? Who will lead us to the new frontiers of Hypnotism? Who will take us places no one has ever gone?
WHO WILL TAKE HYPNOTISM TO THE NEXT LEVEL?????????
It is obvious that it won't be the guys doing the same old "Schtick" now will it?
It will be an innovator, an experimenter, and NOT an impersonator/imposter.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well, Wendi Freisen IS building quite a national following and since Penn and Teller DID screw up on literally every bit of information that they put on their show about her (they used a scam called "selective instance" to try to pillory her and instead stuck it to themselves to anyone who bothered to really check her material out, not to mention that they completely ignored the vast majority of scientific research on the topic, but I digress), she may well be the one on the clinical side and the P.R. side.

For shows, good question as, frankly, Ormond never had the standing that Pat Collins did in the public eye.

To me, a better question for the stage hypnotists would be: "Who is the successor to Pat Collins as the Hip Hypnotist" - a title given to her by no less a light than Lenny Bruce!

I don't think there's anyone out there today who has anywhere near her public recognition - yet. At least not on this side of the pond.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Ormond McGill's Successor? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL