We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Totally impromptu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Phil Lawson
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Phil Lawson
The 3/4 coins accross Gre wilson and pen cap etc.. really strong peices of magic with little setup
Madge
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Madge
Regarding Paul Harris' Biological ESP. What's the effect? It's not in any of the AOA books.
groovy
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of groovy
Vanishing your phone in a topit under the guise of tossing it upwards. No wonder mobile phone theft is on the rise...

Groovy
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
609 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I think there's also a lot of good stuff on the first video of Greg Wilson called "off the cuff","something with anything""recap"...
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
WHAT About the balducci levitation? you can do it almost anywhere. I always get my adrenaline pumping, and afterwards let them feel my very fast heartbeat. looks magical! I have even done it naked!
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
I always have Kolossal Killer in my wallet.. I also do a lit cigarette vanish if I happen to be smoking at the time.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4159 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-05-20 18:34, mrbungle wrote:
WHAT About the balducci levitation? you can do it almost anywhere. I always get my adrenaline pumping, and afterwards let them feel my very fast heartbeat. looks magical! I have even done it naked!

So there's one effect that I'll be including in my upcoming book, "Magic for Nudist Colonies."

Any others?

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
So there's one effect that I'll be including in my upcoming book, "Magic for Nudist Colonies."

Any others?

:evilgrin:

2 in the hand, 1 in the...........never mind.
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Is it just me or is it skirting the line when someone named MrBungle talks about being naked? Smile Smile Smile
He who laughs, lasts.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1406 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
My favorite impromptu trick is rolling the bills. You just need two bills of different denominations. Put one bill on top of the other in a "V" formation, roll them up while the spectator is holding the top portion of the "V" down with their fingers. When the bills are unrolled the bill that was on the bottom is now on top.

It's a great impromptu trick and I have left more than a couple people there with their bills rolling and unrolling them trying to figure it out. Smile
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
merricksforge
View Profile
New user
Asheville, NC
74 Posts

Profile of merricksforge
Speaking of 'nudist colonies' and 'bills', how about "Buck Naked"(all you need are 3 bills), "Ultimate Rip-off"(can be done on more than just ordinary playing cards), "PDQ#2"(4 quarters or half dollars), "Quarter Caper"(2 half dollars and borrow a quarter), "Endland's penetration"(2 dimes and 1 spec's naked hand), And there is "Within your reach" by Jack McCandless(I do not do this effect but I think it requires no more than 2 arms and 1 torso). If you do not have all 3 AOA books by Paul Harris and Eric Mead. They are well worth the effort it takes to sell annoying family members to Shady Sweat Shops in China. Thanks again Dad!

Merrick
Psychic Escape
Man has an invincible inclination to allow himself to be deceived and is, as it were, enchanted with happiness when the rhapsodist tells him epic fables as if they were true, or when the actor in the theater acts more royally than any real king. So long as it is able to deceive without injuring, that master of deception, the intellect, is free; it is released from its former slavery and celebrates its Saturnalia. It is never more luxuriant, richer, prouder, more clever and more daring. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
nbps05
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of nbps05
Stigmata or bend a coin in the persons hand
CaptRitz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of CaptRitz
There's always salt shaker thru the table
Lash
View Profile
Regular user
Lansing, MI
160 Posts

Profile of Lash
I usually have something on me, some coins, a silk, or Gen Grant's 5 to 1 bill transpo. Sometimes I'll have Misled on me.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
The swami can solve this and many other similar problems. KISS
paulsmag
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of paulsmag
I love the power of words. They can be interpreted so differnetly. Impromptu obviously means diferent things to different people. I just think of interpreting impromptu from my audience point of view. If they ask me to show them something it really does not matter to me if I have just practiced it for the previous 3 months....what matters to me....is that my sudience thinks it's impromptu...if they think it's impromptu then it is.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
Doing a fade away knot in a handkerchief never fails to get good reactions.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
305 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
I love doing stigmata and headtrip(Greg Wilson). Gets laughs all the time. To impress do stigmata.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Should a person who puprots to be a magician do a mentalist effect? Would this not leave some doubt in a person's mind as to the distinction? And don't you agree that there should be a distinction? Just curious!
Gabriel Knight
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Gabriel Knight
If you have a little skill there are many things you can do in almost any situation. Depending what part of the world your in, lots of different things are almost always around. If you have a PK ring and a lighter, combined with these things you can do almost any kind of magic.

YOUR hand is always with you, (dan harkey's video has a load on this, garret thomas) Removing fingers and other things can be done very well or funny.

USA : coins, pens, straws, rings, cups, napkins, candy /tic tacks, bills, paper, lipstick, Rubber bands are in most shops, Shoe String, matches, lighters, bottles, wine glasses, sugar packets(Joe givins straw in sugar packet),

Asia: Big plastic/jade Braclets, Chopsticks, Straws, Coins, Chinese spoon, The paper pocket that covers a chopstick, Toothpicks, Fork type wood toothpicks (restored Tine like the pastic forks), 1000 different kind of bottles, Banna leafs (used to wrap sticky rice)

Uk: Crumpets, clotted cream, Tea - ok forget UK

So if you were to take a evening, and sit down with the idea of these things would be around, you can build a routine that would be strong. Strong things would be transpositions, transformations, Penetrations, mentalism oh and FIRE(didn't know that was and effect, but laymen seem to think so".

Ring on stick, Ring on shoelace routine. 1000 rubber band routines(pinicale is one). PK chopstick, sizzle with a straw, Recaped combined with impromptu hitman then going into ring on shoelace. Then "NO PROPS" at all, mind reading tricks. Starkle(danharland)

"Come on people" we can do better than this, a list of stuff found around making up a routine, you should be able to do a full 30 to 40 minute show with a quarter and pen and some old dudes nasty hankey.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Totally impromptu (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL