The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Precognition Deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Anyone know anything about this? I have seen the description, but was wondering if anyone has seen it done?

OT: I just moved to the Los Angeles area not all that long ago. Since I have been here, I have discovered something about my fellow magi. I do not know why, but almost everytime I meet someone new, they are quite un-friendly and almost never willing get to know you. I am certainly not used to this. I am not sure what this means? Is this just the LA mentality? Even when I go to the Hollywood Magic shop, the folks there just never seem to want to give you the time of day. Does anyone have some insight to this phenomenon?
Just wanted to bring this up, sorry for the rant. Smile
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I can't speak about the attitudes in your area, but I can say a thing or two about the Precognition Deck. This is a very clever effect. It has roots in the invisible pack but with no R&S. It has a lot of good ideas and the only move is covered under heavy misdirection. It has some bold qualities to it, but the boldness is part of what makes the effect work. I know that this sounds very vague, but the effect is great. The method is devious and well worth the time and money you invest in it.

Chad
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This is a very cool deck, but in order to pull off the effect, you MUST have TOTAL control over your spectator. You can't do this casually. Smile
aposjf12
View Profile
New user
New York City
96 Posts

Profile of aposjf12
I recently purchased this deck. Having performed Ted Lesley's Promonition from his DVD quite a bit, I was curious as to what method was used for this effect. I can see many performers using the Precognition Deck to great effect. It offers a very subtle way of the card in pocket ending. Personally though, I will still use the Ted Lesley version. It's much more natural looking in my opinion. Without giving anything away, yes you can give the spectator the deck BEFORE they name the card with the Precognition Deck and yes they can count them out themselves. But with them handling the deck you can run into some problems which could reveal the gaffed deck. Whereas with the Ted Lesley version you can't give them the deck before they name the card the spectator will NEVER find anything gaffed in the deck once they have it in their hands. You never touch the cards in both methods.
So to sum it up, if it really is important to you to give them the deck before hand, get the Precognition Deck. I like the Ted Lesley version. I find that when the effect is over and the spectator is floored they can't care less whether or not they had the deck in their hand before or after. It just doesn't even register to them that this is a major aspect to the trick.
yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
From the description, this does look amazing. Ill have to take a look at it, i wish theyd put up a performance video.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
An ealier version of this using basically the same method was Phantini's "Delusion Deck" which was a popular seller in the fifties.

In the Phantini book "Phantini's Ultimate Mental Secrets" (p.38)Phantini discusses his deck, plus a handling for the ending purchasers of the Premonition deck may be interested in.

And no, don't PM me, get the book from Lee Jacobs or pull it off your shelf if you have it. Oh, and even with the Phantini book, you would still need to buy the deck if you wanted to do it.

Paul.
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
The adds I have seen on the Precognition deck mention 'no palming'.
is this true?
Please email me the answer if someone feels that this is 'revealing' a secret.
txs
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Yes, there is no palming Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Well, i did purchase this deck, actually for my nephew, but i must say that i am dissapointed in it. Its an ok trick, but the quality of the cards is very poor. Not only are they not bicycle's, but they very in quality from card to card. Some or sorta faded; others are ok. Just not that great in my opinion. The effect is descent, but i do believe palming is neccessary to achieve the best outcome. Hey, this does not mean YOU wont be happy! Smile Just not my style.
Happy New Year Everyone!
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
I too was initially disappointed at the fact that the cards were not Bikes.
I quickly discovered that laymen don't know or care. Impact is Great! The palm is so covered by other activity that if you can't pull it off, take up another hobby
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
LOL I am a PALMING FOO! I was just commenting to an above post regarding palmind. My only problem was the deck quality. As far as specs noticing? DING - DING!! They DO! I had a roomates friend instantly see the difference in shading in the cards. Some faded, some not just plain BAD! Maybe i just got a bad deck? Oh well..
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2003, sbays wrote:
LOL I am a PALMING FOO! I was just commenting to an above post regarding palmind. My only problem was the deck quality. As far as specs noticing? DING - DING!! They DO! I had a roomates friend instantly see the difference in shading in the cards. Some faded, some not just plain BAD! Maybe I just got a bad deck? Oh well..

So I just picked up the Phantini ebook and am looking into making the delusion deck. I see you can get the Enardoe cards from Morris Costumes -- shipping is high and if the current batches are bad I sure would want to avoide them. I'm considering the new Phoenix auxiliary decks but not sure about jokers in those -- if indeed they are necessary.

Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Precognition Deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL