The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Force Decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
Is there a website that sells force cards of every card in the deck?? My local magic shop only has a select few, and I haven't found a site that has em all. Thanks

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1867 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-09-10 22:36, dxsare wrote:
Is there a website that sells force cards of every card in the deck?? My local magic shop only has a select few, and I haven't found a site that has em all. Thanks

Stevie D

What force cards would you like, I have quite a few in 50/50 Force Decks..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
My suggestion is to go to Costco and buy 5 dozen sets of Bikes. They are very cheap. This will give you enough cards to make 52 force decks and you can have one for every card. If you don't need that many, sell the extras on this site or on ebay.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2130 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
You actually have to buy 9 bricks of 1 dozen decks per brick if you do the costco method. There are 6 red and 6 blue in each brick. I know this, because I did it this past Spring. I still have plenty of decks laying around, but sadly they're several states away, as I just moved. You can PM me if interested for the future. I'm not in a position to send any out anytime soon though.

Take care.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Mathematically all you'd have to buy is 52 decks. They'd all have to be the same color and that's the problem with the costco brick method they are half and half (red/blue). If you could buy monotone bricks then you'd be set and could get the best deal for your money.
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2130 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Eric, you're absolutely right. When you do the Costco method, buying 9 bricks allows you to make full sets of both red and blue, with each deck containing 54 of the same card.

However, Costco is still a more effective method. To buy 52 decks at $2.50 each costs slightly more than buying 108 decks at about $1.15 per deck from Costco.

I certainly don't plan on ever doing it again.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
That's interesting. I just might do that. Costco doesn't have single color bricks?? That's ok.. I usually use red for regular decks, and blue for my Gimmicked Decks or any deck that isn't "straight" so to speak. I'll let everyone know if I decide to do this. I know I will not need every card for a force deck.

Stevie D
-Stevie D
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
If you do not need every card, why not get pinochle decks?
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2006-09-11 15:41, JSBLOOM wrote:
If you do not need every card, why not get pinochle decks?

That sounds like a good idea. I think there is 2 of each card, so you would only have to get 25 decks for a 50 card deck. You wouldn't have as many decks in the end, but it would be cheaper.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5392 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
If you do decide to buy from Kevin, I'll vouch for him as one of the Café's fantastic sellers. I wound up buying 8 decks from him (started with three decks and liked them so much I bought 5 more). The pinochle deck idea is a good one. I use them frequently when I need doubles, especially for poker routines (for those that don't know, these decks have 48 cards, 9s through aces, two of each suit).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Force Decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL