The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for a name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CdnAndrew
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
Alright, I'm looking for the name of an effect I was taught years ago. I don't even really know how to describe it without revealing its setup, but I'll do my best. It's a packet trick and I'll describe it using my set up. I will describe it based on how it appears to the audience, not necessarily how it "really" is.

1 blue-backed King of Diamonds is removed from the bottom of the face up packet and placed on the table. The remaining 4 cards are shown (counted) to be 9 of Clubs. They're turned over and the backs are shown (counted) to all be red. The King is placed on the face and the last 9C is removed and placed on the table. The packet of cards are now shown (counted) to be 4 KDs and turned over and shown (counted) to be blue backed.

6 cards in total are used. Some duplicate cards (duh, "4" 9's and "4" Ks!) are used, but no other gimmicked cards are employed.

If anyone thinks they might know what this effect is please help me out!

Thanks,
Gregory The Great
View Profile
New user
Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Gregory The Great
"The king and his comrades"

Just a thought
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Andrew,
There are so many packet effects and it would be really tough trying to narrow that one down. Can you give any more info on it ? It does sound similar to an effect called Marked, but not sure if the faces change in that one.
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for a name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL