The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do You Believe in Real Magick??? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Fellows, please let me know how many of you believe in Real Magick??
Such as Voodoo, ESP ability, Tarot reading, Ghost, comunication with death people/seance?, etc. :o)
Please let me know....
Cheers,
CC.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I do believe in ghosts as I have had two experiences with them. I also believe there is good and bad karma. ( you reap what you sow ) I also believe that somehow some level of esp exists between some people but not at any level demonstrated in ANY esp act.

I don't believe in ANY physic.. and jerks like John Edwards make my blood boil.

Best,

Tim
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nope.

I only believe in Life.

Oh...and Santa.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
No, no, no, no, no, etc..., and no.
But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!
POOF!
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Labeling the things in your list Magick I'm not so sure about but that they are real and get results, yes.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I am both a believer and skeptic.
I believe that their are things that cannot be explained.
But I am very skeptic when in comes to things that involve people, as suggestions and belief systems can be very strong and manipulative.
I am very open minded, so with hard evidence, I am open to all kinds of beliefs.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I will believe in tings like ghosts, esp, prognostication and the like when some one presents me compelling evidence for them. So far this has not occurred so I have no reason to believe in any claims of the supernatural.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
243 Posts

Profile of galerius
My point of vue on this topic is more or less the same of Phil C. I believe in Supernatural ; that doesn't mean that I believe in "all".
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I believe in Peter Pan.
Seriously, I think the fact that we are all here, that life exsists at all is Magic in every sense of the word.
The only thing that makes sense to me is an eternal void, which we know does not exsist (our own exsistence is proof enough of that).
As far as ESP and such? Like Payne, I have no first hand experience with such matters but that is definetly not proof.
Big bucks have been publicly offered to anyone who can demonstrate without trickery that they can read Aura's, read Minds and other Psychic phenomenon but no one that I have ever heard of has collected yet.
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I do not believe supernatural ability...thanks all for your responce.

CC.
Keairao
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
12 Posts

Profile of Keairao
Yes, with a but. I thnk that there is a lot we don't understand. I think that there are things which we label supernatural because we can't explain them otherwise. Stuff like ESP (which I'm only about half convinced exists). Many forms of magic (I know Wiccan magic for sure, I'm sure there are others) is kind of a combination of prayer and focusing the will. I believe in that.

Thnk about it. Many, many moons ago, healing with herbs and plants was considered magic. Now we understand how it works and call it pharmacology. Maybe some day the things that are considered supernatural will be explained, and have a new scientific name.

Mostly, I just have to believe that there is more to the world than what we already know.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2006-09-12 10:37, Doug Higley wrote:
Nope.

I only believe in Life.

Oh...and Santa.

I second that. ( except, that unlike Doug, I know that my Mommy is really Santa)

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
If you believe in magic, come along with me
We'll dance until morning 'til there's just you and me
And maybe, if the music is right
I'll meet you tomorrow, sort of late at night
And we'll go dancing, baby, then you'll see
How the magic's in the music and the music's in me

Lovin' Spoonful
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Yes Randy, and do far after long years, no body can not claim it...still no body...!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Do you believe in quantum mechanics?
Or all that other stuff we found last century like the placebo effect?

And still wonder about magic(k)?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Jonathan,

The proof of quantum mechanics is not so different than the proof of paranormal activity. The only difference is who is making the claims. Even the biggest quantum boosters admit that prooving quantum theoery will be out of the question for any technology we can forsee having. and yet... Quatum theiry is the only science based explanation for some of the things scientists have found. Paranormal phenomena often has other explanations.

P.S. I loved your 3 fly article. You and I both got our starts at Tannens!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I believe in Doug Higley.
Steve V
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
While proofs may work in the ideal world of mathematics, reality requires measurements, confidence and experimental design of offer findings of significance.

Where then does that put the will? The will that frames the situation with language and points out that which is to be measured. Obviously will plays a great part in the setup and measurement. Will also has its role in the very language used to express experience. Just how much influence is there due to will alone? Look carefully at the basic expression of an experimental measurement in a basic quantum mechanics book. Over six layers of integrals! No small veil to pierce by insight there. No, our construction puts our willful design and best efforts up front. And from that makes the simplistic T+E measurement seem a nostalgic delight.

Magic(k)? We live in interesting times when such arcane incantations are expected of our most basic measurements.

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1945 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2006-09-12 23:53, Steve V wrote:
I believe in Doug Higley.
Steve V
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
I do not believe!
No way!
I just believe in this life, other, after no body know...nothing that science cannot explain!When we ready a lot of information about science phenomenons we get other vision about life!

Let´s gona enjoy the life!

Paulo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do You Believe in Real Magick??? (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL