The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Johnson Copper Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
I always liked the Johnson Cups but never bought them because I truly just love copper. Well I was lucky enogh to score a set of the coppers. I've been sitting here in the den for two days now staring at them. I have some great copper cups coming from Jake. I might never come out of the den.
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
Okay, I've PMed you my mailing address. Carefully put those copper Johnsons in a box, put my address on the label, take them to the post office, and hand them to the clerk. Then turn around and slowly walk away. Don't look back. Just walk away. And repeat after me, "Every day in every way I'm feeling better and better." The pain will go away soon and you'll have your life back! Someday you'll thank me for it.

Greg
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
Geemack, that's funny!
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Sounds like your part of a rather big group here on the forum .
Cups & Balls Anonymous.

Now go order the Sherwood Coppers and you will never be the same.
Gotta have a complete collection now don't we. Come to the Dark side...you know you want to.
Just watch the brass and silver addiction ...it tastes funny.
Mobius
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
I already have the Sherwood coppers.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
How do you like them compared to the Johnsons?
WisMel
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of WisMel
The Sherwood Coppers are awesome cups and stand alone. I am particular towards the Paul Fox design. Though the Johnson cups have three rings, they indeed are awesome cups. Different cups for different loads. That keeps the door wide open for buying cups. As nice as some cups are, I can't keep my hands off of them and leave them on a shelf. No way am I buying (2) sets of each.
plungerman
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of plungerman
There is a fine line between collecting and amassing. I can justify any number of set of cups if I stick to just one metal apiece. This and my other collections I work at keeping small, that is, the smallest number of items describing, or spanning, the largest variety of interest. Of a few PF sets, one is Danny Dew and others not. There are great people here who can rattle off ten variations of cups which to me are just PF by DD.

Collecting is about the aesthetic neccessity of having the object, not just its history or its picture. Having it, or sampling it, is a visceral, in the gut thing. I think it has a lot to do with what tools/props you were using when you first started a trick. Re-living the early satisfaction of exploring and mastering a thing is hard to resist.
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
Very well expressed! Pretty much sums up my collecting philosophy as well.

Fortasse
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Johnson Copper Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL