The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ridiculous Ravioli (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magic Arty
View Profile
Elite user
metro Atlanta
443 Posts

Profile of Magic Arty
I think that snakes flying into the audience is one of the best things you can do for them. I get a ton of mileage from this! It is classic gag, kids love it, and the mayham is excellent!
Arthur
atsmagic
Arthur Atsma

Feeling real happy now!
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
I agree...snakes into the audience has always been a hit for me. Gets a great reaction but...as stated " Get them back quickly ".

John
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thank you Arthur and John! I am delighted that I am not the only one who fully appreciates the comedic value of this. Actually, adults enjoy it as much as kids, and ofcourse in the case of adults, they will politely give the snakes back to you!! Kids will sometimes resist a bit, but a good children's entertainer will be able to retrieve them from the little darlings with few problems!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The snakes nned to go into the audience, or it's not worth doing.
Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
Roger,

I just ordered your "Ridiculous Ravioli" from Hocus-Pocus and I can't wait to receive it.

I agree that the snakes should fly into the audience because it makes the kids feel more like a part of the show, and it's funny.

I have used PB&J in the past and I finally took it out of my act. It just didn't get the big reactions I am looking for.
On the other hand from your video of RR I love the fact that it really gets the kids laughing. We are entertainers and making kids laugh is what I love more than anything else when performing magic.

Mike
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Thank you Mr. Mike. I know you will love it! Email me if you ever have any questions about it, or even suggestions as far as the routine goes. Good Luck! Just so people know, the only place you can purchase this product is from Hocus-Pocus, or directly from me.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Mine arrived today. Looking forward to practicing it and trying it out soon.

Now I've just got to learn some "mouse moves". Smile

Brian
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I'm glad it arrived safely, Brian. Let me know when you start working on your mouse moves, as I would be happy to help in any way! Don't forget to name your mouse early on, as once you have done that he(or she) will be much more cooperative! Good Luck! JR
sleightofhand1
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of sleightofhand1
Is this a sister to crazy spagetti ????????
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
No Sleightofhand1........but a good guess! Crazy Spaghetti and Ridiculous Ravioli are actually first cousins. However, they both have a common ancestry which is tracable back to 12th. century Venezia, in northern Italy!
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Magic Rabbit brought up some good points other than the snakes going into the audience that haven't been addressed here. In particular - do kids really strongly identify with tortellini? Or marmalade?

I like the idea of this routine - but are there options for the cans that are a bit more intuitive for young children?
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
Michael

I have RR but haven't used it yet. The tortellini cans can be substituted with any other product can of similiar size. As far as the Marmalade jar, the label could be replaced to also be whatever you want it to be. However...after giving this some thought I concluded that there really is not a significant reason to do this. One could easily say " Totellini Ravioli" and " Marmalade Jelly ". Kids would understand basically what they are. In addition to that, kids don't always need to understand the elements we use, or even the detailed instructions we attempt to lay out there for them. I believe the actions, the visualization and the " Cause/Effect" is all that they need. They do not have to always understand an entire routine to appreciate it. They usually only need to see " what happens" to enjoy this trick. The comedy and magic of RR is evident and is all that is needed.

IMHO

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ridiculous Ravioli (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL