The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best Trick of 06 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
Wow and Sinful.....are eloquently simply and can both be characterized as "jawdroppers".

N
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I think I'll put my vote in for the Black Widow.

Regards, Steve
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Wasn't Sinful out last year?
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 11:33, e-man wrote:
I find it shocking that someone thinks ET is of the best 06

If ET was not such a hassle with set up, I could imagine it would be a good one.
BroDon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of BroDon
Have had good success with "Entourage"

Most commercial (and I am quite sure it was a 2006 release)
"Weather or Not" Knight/Moyer. Great props, routining and a real audience pleaser!

Food for thought..

Pax,
Br Don
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
How can Electric Touch be "great", "wonderful", "the best trick this year" etc.

Isn't it just a gimmick to allow you to give your spectator an electric shock?!!

Why in the world would anyone want to shock a spectator? How can this be entertainment? I think this is loathsome idea.

It's the same mentality as other horrors like The Web and Phobia. You're shocking people in the name of entertainment, not knowing if they are ill, have a pace-maker, are genuine phobics or what. These things are DEEPLY irresponsible.

This kind of thing does not belong in casual entertainment, IMHO.
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Quote:
On 2006-11-24 13:21, James Fortune wrote:
How can Electric Touch be "great", "wonderful", "the best trick this year" etc.

Isn't it just a gimmick to allow you to give your spectator an electric shock?!!

Why in the world would anyone want to shock a spectator? How can this be entertainment? I think this is loathsome idea.

James so much can be done with this utility device but like all things it comes down to what your comfortable with. I have bent water from the sink. I have made bits of paper fly all around. Made a light bulb flicker on.

I have never just walked up and shocked anyone with my E.T. I perform mentalism and the E.T. allows me to bring the mental magic to the third demenison. I have worked my patter to to ask the spectator if they have any troubles with their hearts? I explain that this is a very powerful effect and really effects people. I explain that they will actually feel the thought leave or pop in their head depending on my routine. I have only every had one guy say yes he did have a heart condition. I did not use my E.T. and performed an effect using Wonder Words. He did feel something but it was in his mind. I do not perform this on the elderly. My understanding is that this is just like getting a static shock in the winter or rubbing your feet on the carpet. The magician feels this also.

I have recieved great reactions with my E.T. and I love this to enhance my mental magic. It becomes the responsibility of the magician performing. I agree with you one the phobia type effects. This could really hurt someone and they could hate magicians for it. I would not perform the web and I feel even with a strong warning to the spec if my sister was in the group she would pass out seeing that spider.

Magic products have warnings that we must heed.
Flash Paper could burn someone or the place down. M5 don't go near people with pacemakers. Any shatter glass effect could cut a spectator. So it is up to the magician to be responsible for the effects performed.

I had an incident with a burglar ball effect a long time ago. It is the one were the ball goes through a box wrapped with elastics. I took the elastic off and it got away from me and hit a kid in the face. It was a one and a million shot. Dangerous, well could be?
So different strokes for different folks.
All the best.

So my vote for mental magic is the E.T.
My vote for best magic effect is the FLY.

magicmike30
Entertainer
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
The shock from electric touch is not that powerful, they react more because they are not expecting to feel anything. When ive used it, the spec doesn't even realise what they feeling is a static shock, the peaple actuallybelieve they have just felt there thought leave them (at the time) etc.
Nighthawk
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Nighthawk
I would agree that Wow and Sinful have to be right up there....with Warp also pushing up against them
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
So can somebody sum up all the votes, so we can see what effect is on the number one spot right now... me I'm to sick (and lazy) right now to manage.
Seems to me that WoW, Black Widow, and Entourage are all mentioned most.

And yes, it's Juan Tamariz and me on the picture.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Waht is BW?

Mike

P.S.
Quote:
On 2006-09-14 01:18, D Byrd wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 11:33, e-man wrote:
I find it shocking that someone thinks ET is of the best 06

Now e-man don't give PIZ a lot of "static" about his choice. He likes ET.

To do so might be considered revolting.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
BW = Black Widow Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2006-11-24 19:45, evolve629 wrote:
BW = Black Widow Smile

Thanks, Evolve629

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2006-09-13 18:31, vinsmagic wrote:
We should categorize
first of all there are gimmick effects and no gimmick effects.....
now I have black widow . wearing a gimmick all day a is not my style there are other easy of vanishing a coin or small object.

I’m with you Vinny, this is not a knock on BW but I rarely wear long sleeves and I cant imagine wearing a gimmick all day, I have no reservations BW is great but defiantly not for me.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
In my opinion the nut and bolt miricale 2006 model is very good. it is definatly at the top of my list for this year.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
OUTLAW's HOMICIDE series - Murder, Pawnshop and Sinister trilogy - it is very very coolio
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
I love sinful, I practiced my butt off to perfect it. It is just you have to find the right people to do it on. What I mean by this is that the effect is so darn powerful that not everyone and there momma believes it. 90% of the people I have did this on do believe, it's that 10% that has gotten me worried about doing this effect more often. I have not purchased Masuda WOW yet and some other effects that I have seen voted #1 on this thread, but as far as what I have bought, I stick by my E.T. as purchase of the year. There is still a month to go, and I am focused on one effect that might just blow all others out the water. I have a gig tonight (have to leave soon actually), and will rely on my E.T. to do the job it has always done for me, and that is getting me the strongest possible reactions out of the effects I incorporate it with.....'PIZ'
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
2006 isn't over yet. Wait until January before you cast your vote.

BTW, it isn't the tricks that blow the others out of the water. It's the way you do them.

There are several items that I do, that have been in my act for 25 years, that I wouldn't change for one of the "new" versions of them. Why? Because I wouldn't gain anything by changing over. I have routines that are smooth and tested. I know when the audience will react and how they will react. I haven't seen anything this year that I would replace one of my routines with.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Bill: This is why we vote my friend, it's all in fun. Whats your pick for this year (so far)? Come on, have fun with use brother, pick one. If the next month brings you better fortunes , you can always come again . Take care Bill, I would love to hear your vote (and not best effect from '72',lol!!, just kidding as always).......'PIZ'
Zezenki
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Zezenki
No wallets being mentionned?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Best Trick of 06 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL