The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help on name or mfg or where to find? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WiffleDust92
View Profile
New user
Mpls, Minnesota
15 Posts

Profile of WiffleDust92
Hi all,

Sorry, still new to the Café, and didn't exactly know where to post this.

It is PART of a card trick, so figured this would be the place.

I used to have these 2 small discs. Can't for the life of me seem to find them- remember what they were called- or if anyone still carries such item.

Description:
2 small discs that were round- maybe the size of a 50c peice or even half dollar.(it's been awhile). They were pretty thin, like... less than the thickness of a poker chip.

1 disc: black on the back, black on the front, with a colored (I believe) outter edge.ring to it. In the very center of one side, a mini playing card was printed on it. It was kind of glossy on that side.

2 disc: This was Clear. It had a colored outter ring as well I believe, but was just a clear disc that you could see through.

Now, the clear disc was not rigid or bumpy at all. Looked like a clear piece of plexi glass, however it was a certain type of lense that shut out light.

If you have Reality Twister- it worked in a similar principle. As you placed the clear disc over the black one, you would show just a black disc underneath, and by forcing a Card beforehand... you make their card appear on the bottom/black disc.

Sorry if you've seen my posts on other forums about this. It just urks me I can't find this anywhere.. no one knows what it's called or remembers this trick. I really don't think it cost much at the time, but was a fun little trick to carry around.

any help out there remembering this one?

Thanks in advance.
Joe
spacemonkey
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of spacemonkey
Hi Joe,
I too am brand new to the Café. It seems like a great source of information and comradery.

The trick you speak of is indeed still being produced and sold. It is called Slide Vision and can be found at many online stores, and a few brick & mortars as well I am sure. For your convenience I have gathered the following links for you to purchase Slide Vision; one for U.S.A., one for Canada, and one for Great Britain, since I am unaware as to where you currently reside:

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=814

http://www.vanishingrabbit.com/canada/pr......4fe9ab3d

http://www.worldmagicshop.co.uk/product_......s_id=493

Take care.
WiffleDust92
View Profile
New user
Mpls, Minnesota
15 Posts

Profile of WiffleDust92
Thank you very much!

I will sleep well tonight.
:)

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Help on name or mfg or where to find? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL