The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonder pen? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I am currently browsing the market for a pen-etration trick and after reading a post on this site have decided that wonder-penetration may be the most suitable for me. However, I would like to know can this gimmick be used to penetrate anything in a similar way to the 'perfect pen' or is it restricted. For example would it possible to have it penetrate my hand.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
it can be used to 'penetrate' bills, cards, paper, but it is impossible to go through your hand!!!!
never try, never know
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use Magic Pen Penetration made by Empire. It works with bills, which is all I'd want to use it for. It can "toss" the gimmick if you aren't accustom to it. It is examinable after the effect, although few are tempted to look it over. The effect is great! People think that the bill has to have a hole in it -- they don't suspect the pen.

It's also easy to do.
ploter
View Profile
New user
france
43 Posts

Profile of ploter
i am using this,and i think it is a "nice" trick,but is not a "wonderfull" one.
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Does the gimmick is same as "Perfect Pen"?
Is it the ripp off of the Perfect Pen?

Hengky
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've never used the Perfect Pen, but there is something about it that is strange -- it jiggles, unlike a really nice pen.

The version that I use is a regular pen, with some gimmicks added. It'll pass a rigorous examination. The method is slightly different from the perfect pen, from what I understand.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The special something that makes the Wonder Pen-a-tration work is not as strong as the one on the Perfect Pen. Therefore it is not suitable to penetrate larger objects like your hand.

This difference though, allows for a much better routine than is possible with the perfect pen. I would buy a wonder pen for that reason.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
That's all not answer my question.

Let me just straight point my question.
Does the wonder pen use m*****t like perfect pen?

Hengky
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The Wonder-Penatration's gimmick is on different part of the pen. Once it is ditched, the spec can examined all they want and won't find a clue.
Bernard Sim
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 60: Wonder Pen-a-tration – Doug Edwards

AD:

This is a fantastic pen through anything effect. This pen looks like a normal Papermate biro, and can be examined by the spectator both before and after the effect, with no switches to perform. The spectator can actually see the pen go through the note! Amazing! Only one pen is used and other effects (such as coin transformations) can also be done.

REVIEW:

I loved this one, a very cheap ordinary-looking Paper Mate that is FULLY examinable after the effect (no, not before the effect – beware of those misleading ads). A few magicians even took it to pieces to find nothing.

Check it before buying, because some of the pens are poorly gimmicked.

Overall rating: good

H.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Harvey,
Just to clarify, the pen is examinable before the effect in the same way the pen is examinable after the effect. I typically hand out the pen to the spectator who lends me the bill and have the initial it. This reinforces the fact that it is a normal pen and usually allies any urge they have to inspect it afterwards.

Once the bill is signed, assemble the pen again and your in business.

That being said, there is no reason to have the pen inspected before hand as the spectator shouldn't have any idea at that point what is going to happen.

Quote:
On 2003-08-04 05:58, Harvey Nerzof wrote:
HN Review 60: Wonder Pen-a-tration – Doug Edwards

AD:

This is a fantastic pen through anything effect. This pen looks like a normal Papermate biro, and can be examined by the spectator both before and after the effect, with no switches to perform. The spectator can actually see the pen go through the note! Amazing! Only one pen is used and other effects (such as coin transformations) can also be done.

REVIEW:

I loved this one, a very cheap ordinary-looking Paper Mate that is FULLY examinable after the effect (no, not before the effect – beware of those misleading ads). A few magicians even took it to pieces to find nothing.

Check it before buying, because some of the pens are poorly gimmicked.

Overall rating: good

H.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
borjuist
View Profile
New user
INA
52 Posts

Profile of borjuist
Anyone have both, wonder and perfect pen? whats different? compare please... this really confuse!! Smile I have perfect pen, and I curious with wonder pen.

many thanks
Rick
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I have used woderpen by Doug Edwards since released many years ago. As stated above, the pen can be handed out at the finish as its clean. Its good for money, cards etc. I like this pen as its a normal everyday pen that all people use, nothing fancy.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Anybody know where I can buy Edward's Wonder Penetration?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-08-26 19:55, Ximines wrote:
Anybody know where I can buy Edward's Wonder Penetration?

http://www.tannens.com/shop/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5376
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Thank you, Christopher!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
My pleasure. I'm not sure who also carries it, but you can read about it.

Chris

Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
I used to own and perform wonder penetration. I think it's fantastic (and- in my opinion - and for my performing style - better than the more expensive 'locking' mechanisms).

But $45? Sheesh! That's a bit steep! I'll have to be more careful not to lose the extra piece on my next one!!!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tannen's is a high price shop, I'm sure there are places that have it for less.

evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-08-27 20:39, Ximines wrote:
I used to own and perform wonder penetration. I think it's fantastic (and- in my opinion - and for my performing style - better than the more expensive 'locking' mechanisms).

But $45? Sheesh! That's a bit steep! I'll have to be more careful not to lose the extra piece on my next one!!!

You can try Eagle Magic Store in Minneapolis - I'm sure Larry has it or he can order for you...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wonder pen? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL