We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Baby's First Subtrunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
My wife and I are expecting our first born in early February! I thought it would be funny to build a mini-illusion and convence the wife that I was building "Baby's First Illuion"...

Here's a link to the pictures...
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......83f79462

-Bryan Gilles

p.s.- I've already thought about "Baby's First Zig-Zag" and "Baby's First Selbits Sawing"
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
How about "Baby's First Impaled" or "Baby's First Chinese Water Torture"?

j/k of course

Nice woodwork - I can tell your baby will have a lot of nice crib and wooden toys to play with.

also- you may want to edit this part of your blog Smile

Quote:
I hope to pass down my knowledge and abilities to my kids (when that day presents itself- no rush for now!).
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
That trunk is awesome! You may be able to do a simultaneous small dog and magician change, just an idea.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
With this sub trunk just think... if you want a girl and you get a boy - POOF! You have just subbed a girl for the boy...

Seiously, though, this is one of the coolest ideas I have ever seen. If your extended family is like mine, however, their response will be "Huh?"

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Loyal user
Flint, Mi.
285 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Very Cool! I love it..
Be Young...Have Fun!
Curt from Canada
View Profile
New user
Canada eh!
77 Posts

Profile of Curt from Canada
What kinda wood it that?
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks for all the kind words... It's almost done now. I made the trap based on Osbornes plans... just a lot smaller.

canteego- it is pine... I had a lot of scrap laying around and figured...why not!

-Bryan
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3405 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Beats a crib. Would be a great substitute if you can't find a babysitter. (No wait...you put in the trap!)

Looks good!

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
It looks realy, really nice and I wish I live close to you. Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks again for the kind words to all!

I'm almost done with the lid and hope to post new pictures of it after the weekend. I'm thinking of making a couple more of these trunks after recieving a couple requests from others who enjoy little pieces like this for their personal collections...

-Bryan
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Congrats Dad-to-be! Go ahead, have all of your fun now, because very soon time is going to be a much more precious commodity!

For example, savor the speed with which you and your beloved can decide to go and get something to eat, and just take right off and go! Soon, every trip you want to make will be planned like a military exercise.... Smile

Chris
(father of 4 girls)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Baby's First Subtrunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL