The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Pimp My Wallet... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
How have you 'tricked out' your ORDINARY THREEFOLD WALLET ?

Derek Merdinyan
Trestkon
View Profile
New user
Canada
94 Posts

Profile of Trestkon
Well, I installed a 400w sub, decaled some slick blue flames over the new baby blue paint job...

Actually, I just picked up Kollosal Killer and found my wallet to be a bit inadequate, so I'll be hunting for a new one and installing KK this weekend.
-Larry
WiffleDust92
View Profile
New user
Mpls, Minnesota
15 Posts

Profile of WiffleDust92
I don't carry an ordinary 3 fold wallet. Just a money clip.

On the fly, I just have a few things in my pockets at all times. Night out? I have a smaller Fanny pack with a bunch of various sized compartments for Cards, Coins, etc. If I'm not wearing a jacket.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

Anyone do something like adding in a 'mirage principle' based device in any of the credit card slots for predictions or card revelations?

Anyone embed a small magnet inside the wallet for some watch stops? (I can do this as I am not yet a credit card wielding, super consumer American...)

Any types of peak type gimmicks that could be put into a regular wallet?

Anything Else?

Derek Merdinyan
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
I don't carry a wallet -- I use a cig case and keep all of my cash & cards (credit, ID, etc) in it. It's got a tribal Ace of Spades on the cover.
I do however keep a 14 of Spades [red Bicycle back] facedown in the back of it, for occasional perplexing uses.
Or if someone wants to be Mr Annoying Knowitall, I simply state "I have one card here" pull it out, place it on the table. "Tell me what it is." "You can wager money if you want, and I'll match it." >:-] ;P
[Note at no point do I mention it's from a deck, or one of the 52...]
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3118 Posts

Profile of warren
I've just got a new wallet or will have when it arrives as I've ordered it off the internet,it only cost £4 or $2 and you get to have a message printed on the inside to personalise it.
so I've had printed you will choose the six of hearts so I can perform a card on wallet instead of card in wallet.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2006-09-20 10:08, warren wrote:
I've just got a new wallet or will have when it arrives as I've ordered it off the internet,it only cost £4 or $2 and you get to have a message printed on the inside to personalise it.
so I've had printed you will choose the six of hearts so I can perform a card on wallet instead of card in wallet.

Just a comment. Does this change the psyche of the effect from "how did my chosen card get in the wallet" to "how did he force me to choose that card"?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3118 Posts

Profile of warren
That's an interesting point meyegr it all depends on the effect I suppose,i thought it might be a nice added touch to the paul Harris effect overkill,you could also do a version of card to wallet with the wallet and then show the prediction as an extra kicker,at the end of the day it depends on how well you can force the card and how well you present the effect.
as the wallet is so cheap and I need a new wallet for everyday use I can't go wrong.
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

Warren - you know what would be good is if you got two of those wallets - have a double selection and perform the overkill with a card to wallet finish with the first card. Reveal the selected card engraving and put the wallet in your pocket (or perform an invisible switch). Perform a color change with the first card into the 2nd selected card. Reveal the changed engraving on the wallet.

It would eliminate the "how did the writing get there" and into a "how did it change?"

Derek Merdinyan
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3118 Posts

Profile of warren
Thank's derek,i like that idea a lot it just goes to prove your only limited by your imagination,all I need now is more imagination.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
753 Posts

Profile of gman
I actually have only three things in the wallet...
1) Kollosal Killer
2) A 3 and a half of clubs
3) A Pride and Joy
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Shawn Farquar has a "card in wallet" version using the Mullica principle on the documents/credit cards plastic thing that some wallets have. Ask him about it at http://www.magichampion.com/
johnra
View Profile
Elite user
oklahoma
448 Posts

Profile of johnra
Ive been really wanting to trick out A wallet. What are some thing possible that I can do at home or have cheaply done. Like Mirage Principle I have no idea what this is. I only have one trick wallet which is a himber well and my own but all it is is a cleavor loading pocket. What I really want is like a jack of all trades wallet. maybe not even doing anything to the actual wallet but just having like all the props neccessary in it.
John Shackelford LIVE!!!
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1031 Posts

A Mirage Principle based gimmick/ insert will allow you to show a folded card in your wallet - keep it in view throughout your performance, and when ever you like, you can take out the card to show that it is the spectator's selected and signed card.

Another version of this effect would allow the performer to have a folded piece of paper in the wallet and later pull it out to show that it accurately predicts a non forced item or event.

Derek Merdinyan
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
423 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Pride and Joy?? What is that? Never heard of it before. Also, I am using this thread for ideas, as I am purchasing a new wallet come saturday
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1596 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Montethrower

Click on http://www.jimhynd.com then "Jim's Pride and Joy" to see....my pride and joy.

Smile

JIM
Trestkon
View Profile
New user
Canada
94 Posts

Profile of Trestkon
Your code is correct, it looks like the website is actually unavailable. Might just be that the server is down...unless it's a typo.
-Larry
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1596 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Fixed it. It helps when I actually spell my name right!!! Smile

JIM
Montethrower
View Profile
Elite user
a little town in nowhere
423 Posts

Profile of Montethrower
Hahahahah!!!

Thanks, you just brightened my day!!! I've got to get one of these into my wallet.
andrewte
View Profile
New user
Sunny Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of andrewte
In MarcPaul's Mind2Mind DVD, he showed a wallet routine which you
can use any wallet with that special 'quality' that allowed you to
reveal a written word or number. Pretty neat in that you don't
'destroy' the wallet and it can be used and examined normally.

Andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Pimp My Wallet... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL