The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cleaning Pom-Poms? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but does anyone know how to clean the pom-poms on the pom-pom pole (the type that Ali Bongo uses)?

I've got an old set I want to start using but the white one is dirty and I can't see any way to remove them for washing...

Thanks
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Pull it so it is away from the rest of the pole/pom-pons and the soak it in the sink with a cap or two of "Cool Water Wash". Wash and rinse and dry with a towel/blow dryer each pom-pon individually, as the dye might run and ruin the other pom-pons. Good luck.

Steven
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
If you dig around in the Pom Pon you will find a button with the string tied to it, Untie the button and remove the sring from the pom pon you can then wash it, push the string back through with a stick, re-attach the button and tuck it back into the pon pom

The danger of washing it with the pom pons attached is that the string will shrink (it happend to me) and the Ma****s will no longer reach. you will then have to re thread the whole thing with new strings.
Phillip
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Do you have to use Pom-Poms? Why not be Creative and use other items like small Santa and Reindeer for a Christmas theme, ot other objects for other themes like Halloween, St. Patrick's Day Easter, or little monkeys who always play tricks on you. It is limited by your imagination.
Dennis Michael
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Thanks everyone for the advice. Steve, I'll have to pick up some of that cleaner. P.B., I just glanced at the strings and didn't realize that I could easily remove them. Thanks for the idea and the warning!

Dennis, I want to keep the possibility of using the pom poms for a patter idea I have, but I also like your idea with the monkeys...everything's funny with monkeys!

I love this forum Smile
templemagic
View Profile
Elite user
Sunderland, North-East England
420 Posts

Profile of templemagic
Hi,

Try steam cleaning them. It works with sleeve bouquets and I have heard it will work with the pom-poms. Whenever not in use, my pom-poms have plastic freezer bags over them which are held shut with elastic bands. I keep them on when practising. This tends to keep them clean.

Hope this helps,
Robert
ROBERT TEMPLE
"The Power to Amaze"

robert@roberttemple.co.uk
http://www.roberttemple.co.uk
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Great, elegant idea Robert. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cleaning Pom-Poms? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL