We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where can I find Syd Bergson effects in print? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1584 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Back in 1970, I bought some of Syd Bergson's effects. I remembered THE ARCANE BOARD--El NUMERO. The Arcane Board was another method for the Mental Epic Slate using 3 bull dog clips and just cardboards.
Syd was a very clever and creative man.
Tricky Ricky
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6160 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I belonged to Ring 45 in the 70s. It was called Syd Bergson's ring. He was a classic mentalist: looked and sounded the part. Kreskin did many of Syd's effects on TV. I remember going to many meetings and Syd never repeated an effect.

Hopefully, one day someone will do the research and put all of his ideas and effects in one book.

And as John mentioned, go back into those old Linking Rings and you'll find a lot of stuff from Mr. Bergson. I still remember him giving pointers on an effect... and it wasn't mentalism... I was working on a hank ball idea and he worked out many of the details with me in the lobby where the meeting was held.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1941 Posts

Profile of markthorold
I have one of the earliest Kurotsuke effects I know , produced by Sid . Method is ingenious .
E.O.I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where can I find Syd Bergson effects in print? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL